Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaulieu DeLorean with painted side stripe
Hi All,

I cant find the thread in which this car was mentioned, but while looking for something else I came across the pics of this car which we were discussing a couple of months back. Its vin 6889, grey interior, grooved bonnet, LHD - but check out the front indicators :?

Enjoy!! :wink:

[Image: beau1.jpg]

[Image: beau2.jpg]

[Image: beau3.jpg]
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I must go along and scrape that horrible black stuff off the side Smile nice car otherwise...

Off topic i know ....but i have had 4 people contact me in the last week or so wanting to know if there are any cars for sale... not sure why the sudden interest, but there does seem to be a lack of cars for sale in the UK at the mo.
Ahh so happy I got mine when I did Big Grin I agree, loose the black! And what a shocking logo!
hi

don't the indicators look like they are off a rhd? like euro spec.

and i don't know if it is the light, but does the passenger door side look like its seen a bit of action?.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
steve.s Wrote:hi
and i don't know if it is the light, but does the passenger door side look like its seen a bit of action?.

probably my crap photography, Steve.......if I remember rightly I'd not long bought my digital camera when I took those and generally 8 out of 10 photos were blurry - 5 years on and I've improved slightly to 7 out of 10... :lol:
"but check out the front indicators"

why are these kind of RHD spec ones being a LHD car ?
They look to me like the normal front indicators/sidelights from a Canadian car. Mine had the same thing until I broke them and had to have them replaced with normal ones.

As far as I know the RHDs have the normal front indicators but round side ones.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
I thought canadian spec cars had much later vins but then im probably wrong,

So how did you break your indicators matey hopefully not in an accident ?
Rottbott Wrote:As far as I know the RHDs have the normal front indicators but round side ones.

Only 3 of the factory RHD cars (the AXI batch) had the small round side indicators/markers. The rest were either amber side markers front and rear or just the stock US set-up. I'm not sure how these stock US set-ups were wired up though.

Rob is right that the front lenses on the Beaulieu car look similar to the Canadian Spec cars but in this case I suspect they were fitted once the car was imported to the UK so that it had front sidelights to pass MOT.

Canadian cars are very rare and had VIN numbers starting 17XXX. There are a couple of examples here in the UK if memory serves (Rob's being one of them Big Grin)
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I'm sure that those front indicators are Jaguar parts ?!?!?
Phil Peters Wrote:
Rottbott Wrote:Canadian cars are very rare and had VIN numbers starting 17XXX. There are a couple of examples here in the UK if memory serves (Rob's being one of them Big Grin)
Paul Salsbury had a Canadian Spec car, the vin on that was 6463 if I remember rightly.
Is that car still around in the club? I think the reg was BKZ9095...???
bozzzydmc Wrote:I thought canadian spec cars had much later vins but then im probably wrong,

So how did you break your indicators matey hopefully not in an accident ?
A minor altercation with a drystone wall (and nearly some sheep too) a year or two ago. Dented a wing too but luckily not the driver's side!

I *think* my VIN is 17152 but I could be wrong, I've never quite managed to memorise it. The Canadian cars are great because they have a 140mph speedo standard, centigrade on the temperature gauge, etc.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
Claire Usher Wrote:Paul Salsbury had a Canadian Spec car

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about Paul's car! Hmmm another DeLorean mystery? It's way off the rest of the Canadian cars in terms of VIN number, even if you go by the original VIN numbers that these cars had, rather than the ones they ended up with:

Consolidated re-VIN'd a lot of those 1982 cars when they took control of DMC. Rather than sell them as 1982 VIN cars, those completed 10XXX and 11XXX cars were re-VIN'd as 1983 models by adding 5000 to the VIN and then fitting new VIN plates. The 17XXX VINs are done in the same way. Apparently removing the headliners on a 17XXX car reveals a 12XXX number written on the door. VIN plates are also glued on rather than riveted on.
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Thats how i see it too Phil but why would that make Paul Salsburys ex car had a Canadian Spec , with the vin on that being 6463

Is it actually a 'Canadian' spec car or a car that was from canada ?

I will email someone i know in the canadian owners club and find out.
Hi Bozzy,

I just remember Paul saying it was a Canadian spec cos it had a 240kph speedo - when he owned the car, he only lived about 30 miles from us, and his car was a grey/manual/grooved bonnet November 81 car, and the vin was only 6 away from DGS (now of course owned by Jonathan 'NEM351S'). BKZ is 6463, and DGS is 6457.

Is BKZ9095 still known to the club? I know Paul sold it a few years ago and I think it went to the Lincolnshire/Leicestershire area....???

Cheers,