Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for an auto / Import Duty and Taxes Question
Hi all!

I've been outta the loop for a while but am in the process of looking for my first D.
Just putting the feelers out for the moment, but if anyone can offer any assistance I'd be most grateful!

Ideally I'm looking for an automatic, grey interior, grooved and gasflapped. Automatic is essential, the rest would be preferable.
Needs to be in top-notch condition as I'm really strapped for funds and time right now as I'm in the process of moving house.
If anyone has any leads on such a D it would be much appreciated!

I'm hoping to make it to the DOC Eurotec event on the Saturday if I'm not required in Berkshire, so look forward to meeting up with y'all then!
Today is my 1st day with the club & i thought i'd just ask people if they know of any automatic deloreans for sale. Big Grin
so is that 2 auto de's wanted? TT Tony
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
if your strapped for time your probably better off getting in touch with pj grady and let them sort out finding/importing/doing all the mods to makeit road legal and all that.

Thats what im gonna do anyways
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Thanks for the plug Mike!

Automatics aren't so easy to come by - the Americans aren't keen to give them up!

Out of curiosity - why automatics? Is it because of your driving license, ease of use or just personal preference?

Thanks

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Out of curiosity - why automatics?
Thanks

Darren

Because obviously they are far superior to those common manuals Wink Smile
ok Mike, now you've done it.........you've hurt Flopsy's feelings..... :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
they may only have one leg TT Smile
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Well at least they're not as common as these stupid 'lexus/chav' rear light clusters people are putting on their cars, they look terrible! Welcome to the club Marshall + Aaron! Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
lol, yeah, 5 years ago they were a novelty, but now.....

Had to laugh on Sunday, we were at a car boot sale/market near Cannock. There was a stall selling stickers - you know the sort, like the big ones that advertise you've got a Pioneer stereo ripe for the stealing :wink:

A bunch of chavvy hoodies with obligatory chavettes dressed in white and pink were looking at them and one said to another "oi look, they've got one for your Saxo!" I just laughed and carried on walking. :lol:

Talk about conforming to the stereotype.... :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Wish I could have afforded a saxo when i was a youngster.... I had to settle for a 950cc mark 1 fiesta. These days, i wouldnt give you buttons for neither a saxo, or a mark 1 fiesta, manual or automatic (to stay within the subject of the thread!) Some of the rear lights are quite tasteful if you pay a lot of money for them, but if you settle for these cheap imports, then expect to have a boot full of water as well as melting lenses. Does not apply to a rover, cos they leak water like crazy with the standard lenses! I have even emptied a spare wheel well on a rover 25 half full with water, complete with tadpoles.... I'm not joking...
Congrats on Flopsy passing her MOT Claire, I hope Blimey does as well in november.....
Ben
Mr.P
Aaron Wrote:Today is my 1st day with the club & i thought i'd just ask people if they know of any automatic deloreans for sale. Big Grin

Welcome to the Club Aaron ! Wink
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Out of curiosity - why automatics? Is it because of your driving license, ease of use or just personal preference?

I do have a manual license but haven't driven a manual for years - the last time I tried was... scary. So ease of use really.
Aclimatising to an LHD is one thing, but to combine that with getting back into a manual would not be fun.
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Thanks for the plug Mike!

Automatics aren't so easy to come by - the Americans aren't keen to give them up!

Out of curiosity - why automatics? Is it because of your driving license, ease of use or just personal preference?

Thanks

Darren

I've only got an auto license
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Thanks for the plug Mike!

Thanks

Darren

If i am able to find an auto for sale in USA, how much money can i expect to pay to import it? (customs, registation, shipping etc...)

If you can give me a rough idea, it would be a big help Smile

Thanks.