Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello - New member from Cumbria
Hello,

Ian from Wigton Cumbria here. I am new to the forum and to the owners club - although I don't own a Delorean. Fascinated by these beautiful motors, have seen a couple of them in the flesh, one at the old cars in the Stars museum a few years ago in Keswick, and most recently the RHD one at the Lakeland Motor Museum.

If any members within a reasonable distance (even Manchester counts as I have a daughter at university in Salford) would be willing to let me see and sit in one of their cars sometime my 17 year old son and I would be grateful.

I'm 53, so remember the whole Delorean story in 81 to 83, and enjoyed BTTF. I am also 6'6" tall so it looks like this could be a classic sports car I could actually fit in.

I am at the thinking about buying stage, although think it would need to be a runner rather than a project car as I don't have the time or facilities at present to do a major project.
Ian Beattie, Cumbria
Vin#2703 Aug 81 manual with black interior, grooved hood and gas flap
DOC 875
Welcome to the forum Tongue
Welcome aboard.

The NEC (this weekend) is always a great opportunity to see and talk about the cars and, being nice, you might even get a seat if you ask nicely Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Thanks - Would love to be at the NEC this weekend, but can't make it, another time perhaps
Ian Beattie, Cumbria
DOC 875
hiya, welcome to the DOC-UK Smile

Our Club President, Dave Howarth is in Manchester, I'm sure if you gave him a call he'd be happy
to see you and show you round the cars and give you an idea on what to look out for when buying
a car Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Probably Tony Openshaw or Kris Murray are the closest to you, though the cars may be away for the winter months now.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks for the replies, I may contact Dave in due course. Big Grin
Ian Beattie, Cumbria
DOC 875