Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC Classic Car Show 2015 13/14/15th November, Inc DOC-AGM
Finally everyone has been given the stand allocation plans for this event. As ever we have been fortunate to secure a stand and as ever I/we/the club are looking for keen volunteers to provide time & man/lady power for the weekend.
The cars are provisionally allocated for the stand however if any one is really keen to provide a car and or/up for providing time for manning the stand, then that would be great. I'm sure those who have been before will tell, it's a great weekend but a long weekend (and rewarding in showing the cars to the public). Stand set up on Thursday and then 3 long days for the show as well as removal of the stand on the Sunday.
Also as part of the clubs requirements we have to hold an AGM once a year. Please take this notice as formal notification of this AGM of the DeLorean Owners Club (UK) There will not be any other formal notification of the AGM, if any one would like to put themselves forward for any of the positions in the club then please forward them to me.
Please also note there is an advert within the next club mag for discount entry tickets to the NEC and it's also showing in the club members section of the forum.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Blimey was it really a whole year ago I saw you at the NEC.
Was a real tough time, a lot has changed since then.
Good luck with the show.
Yes another year slips by. I will be there for much of it Chris. Selling a few books hopefully.

Pilot 20 should be back from Chris N before then and could be held in reserve in case its needed on the stand.

On a different note…..I was out with a journalist and photographer all yesterday morning, who are doing a 3 page feature of the DeLorean in a mainstream car mag. Then an hour on the phone from a different Journalist writing for another classic car publication!

All good exposure for our favourite car. Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Another with a faulty watch :roll: :wink:
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
And he was complaining that he normally wears his watch on his right wrist...…..so the whole experience was a little surreal for him! :roll:

He is a big BTTF fan though………....even forgot his skateboard, which he left in my car. :oops: I may try it out on Allestree Lake this morning and see if it can make it across to the old Hall. :wink:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Well I hope his board has POWER or you'll never make it Chris.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
can't turn it on……glug………glug…………..glug…... :oops:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
With just over a month to go and a distinct lack of volunteers to help Dave I'm appealing for some help with collecting/building the stand on the Thursday. Ideally someone who can assist with collecting the stand with Dave and getting to the NEC with him and building the stand. And if at all possible unloading it at Dave's unit on the Sunday night or Monday morning. If anyone can help out please either ring me or 'PM'
Thanks
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Further to a notification enclosed with the last club magazine this is to confirm that: The DeLorean Owners Club (UK) Notice of Annual General Meeting.
To Be Held At The National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham on Sunday the
15th November 2015 at 3.30pm, Meet at the DOC Club Stand.

Agenda

• Elect a chairperson for the meeting
• Apologies
• Agree the minutes of the last AGM
• Receive an annual report from the Membership Secretary
• Receive an annual report from the Club Treasurer
• Receive an annual report from the Regalia Secretary
• Vote in the Club Officials for the forthcoming year

The Following Club Officials are Standing for Election/Re-election;

• Membership Secretary; Chris Williams
• Club Treasurer; Claire Wright (Claire Usher)
• Magazine Editor; Eddie Tindall
• Regalia Secretary; Mary Hooper
• Technical Advisor; Richard Hutchinson
• Forum Administrator; Richard Hutchinson
• Club Historian; Chris Parnham
• Web Editor; Eddie Tindall

Should any club member wish to put themselves forward for any of the above positions then they should be proposed and seconded in writing to the membership secretary by the 17th October 2015. A full list of candidates will be published on the DOC forum at least 20 days before the AGM. If there is more than one candidate standing for any of the above positions then a full list will be sent to members along with a postal voting slip by the 1st November 2015.
In the event of there being no other candidates for the above committee positions, no postal voting slips will be issued due to the very high costs involved. Any member who is unable to attend the AGM may vote by post either for or against the candidates, to the membership secretary at least 3 days prior to the AGM. Only 1 vote either via post or in person at the AGM is allowed per member.

• A.O.B

Please Note
Should any member who is unable to attend in person have any suggestions and/or comments that they would like to be raised and/or discussed at the AGM, then please feel free to contact me (Chris Williams). I will ensure that these will be raised at the AGM on your behalf. Please also add your name and club membership number.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Not long now!! working around the clock to try and get Pilot 20 shipshape and as it was when it arrived in the USA in 1980.

…….and full of books! which will be available at the spacial discount price of ( £50) on the Club stand...
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Ohhh, got your new (old) wheels now!
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Well I've got the front one's……the rear ones are now being made by mr. Revolutuion……should be ready in time!!!! :roll:
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
excellent stuff, so which cars are going now?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
We have an unexpected opportunity for someone to put their car for the NEC stand…..set up day is Thursday..…any volunteers ?

Please contact Me or Chris Williams ASAP.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I think we are now sorted now thanks. Looking forward to seeing you all. Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian