Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic Transmission Filters Avaliable Now
After 11 months of work, I now have in my possession a limited supply of transmission filters for the DeLorean. We had these produced using the Renault O.E. filter as reference. I have tested it in my own car for the past few months and it works perfectly! I have also sourced a magnet for those who don't have a filter at all in their auto boxes. The magnet is about the same size as OE, but this one is N35 neodymium which is much stronger than O.E. This was not a cheap venture for me at all, but we strived to keep the costs below $50.00 per unit and we did.

Each filter kit includes one filter and one O.E. cork gasket. The pan gasket is no longer avaliable but the vendors just use silicone gasket maker. There are also aftermarket pan gaskets avaliable.

If you would like to order from my eBay auction, here is a link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-Automa ... 1571531236

However if you would like to place a bulk order and have them all shipped to one person, who can in turn distribute them personally at a local meet or show I can place a bunch in a flat rate box. This would be by far the cheapest shipping option, even if one person had to individually mail them locally when they arrive. PM me and we can see what we can work out. I can sell the filters with or without magnets, most people want a magnet and to keep it simple I made the ebay auction all inclusive for 46.99...gasket, filter, and magnet. Any special orders please PM me.

Here are a few pictures of the finished filters, more pics in the ebay auction link above. Thanks everyone!!!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND] [ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND] [ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

I know shipping to you guys is tough, I believe the shipping for one filter to the UK was a little over 10 dollars...for one filter!
If you can put my name on one please Michael.

I think Chris W was going to help organise a small batch to the UK? It this does not work out for any reason then I will have an individual one anyway.

How can it possibly take a year to sort out a oil filter and what am I going to do with a spare bonnet badge???? 8) …..Only kidding …...says he who spent 15 years sorting out a book!! :oops:

Well done Michael.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I own a manual transmission myself, but just wanted to say thank-you for all the hard work Michael. If I can ever afford a second DeLorean I want it to be an automatic, so I'll be knocking on your door then Big Grin
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Quote:I think Chris W was going to help organise a small batch to the UK? It this does not work out for any reason then I will have an individual one anyway
It was a plan I mentioned many moons ago to Michael but I'm not sure if it's a great one since the costs of getting them in to the UK are so high, then distributing them, plus I also believe Al/Arran etc are now after doing the same so it would be pretty pointless. No one is out to compete, if Michael is happy to send a batch over that's fine. Though I do still suspect it would be cheaper for individuals to buy them that way it would probably get in to the UK without all the VAT Etc.
Either way well done to him for getting this part done.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
When Chris and I first spoke of this I was not aware that a flat rate box could go overseas...but it can. I can ship about 40 filters to the U.K. for around 70 bucks. That's not bad at all, in fact it comes out to under 2 bucks a filter and that's cheaper than shipping one filter to someone in my own city. So if you guys want to get a group buy together I will be thrilled to help...in fact I will make a deal with you all. You get together and buy 40 filters I will ship them for 20.00 (I will cover the rest). I can mark them as a gift and make the value at around 40 dollars so your VAT is reasonable.

On second thought, make that at least 35 filters, no more than 37. There is a 20lb limit and each filter with packaging weighs 1/2 lb so with the box and tape 40 filters would put me over the limit. So make it 35 filters minimum.
Like Chris said though if you just want one, the ebay auction might be best. I need to check to make sure I bave the cheapest shipping option avaliable...should be around 11 bucks.
Arran just informed me that he will be selling his filters I sent him on the store front. I thought the filters were for him and a few friends. Here is the link. Probably the absolute best way to get them now is from him:

http://www.deloreanclub.uk/automatic-tr ... ilter.html
thanks for all your hard work here Michael, we appreciate it.

My husband Phill has an automatic De, so when he wants to change #6772's filter he'll
be in touch with you.

His transmission was changed (by PJ Grady NY) about 35,000 miles ago FWIW.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks for the support!

I wouldn't wait too long. I think there are only 4 left.