Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New owner
The latest update. a productive weekend. The car now has an MOT, i will send the Registration documents off tomorrow.
Also, i picked up my new seat covers and a few other parts while in the States for the weekend... all good.
i still have a low speed misfire, i am going to change the Dizzy cap and rotor. The garage have checked the fuel pressure hot and cold etc. it was bad today in the wet, so could be ignition.

I am now looking forward to registration and getting that interior up to standard.

Robin
I am New to Delorean, but have a keen interest in cars, Porsche air cooled in particular.
Personally Ive always followed Dave Howarth's advice…….bung some injector cleaner in your fuel and give a few good long runs. It works for me.

Good luck.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:it was bad today in the wet, so could be ignition
Yes they don't like the wet especially if the leads are bad!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I have sent the registration application off today, once it is back i can give it that long run. a new cap can't hurt. it looks to be well buried in the vee. inlet system off?
I am New to Delorean, but have a keen interest in cars, Porsche air cooled in particular.
Yes. It's a total bugger, hence why my new cap and leads are still sat on the shelf!
You can change the plugs though without stripping it all down.
It can be done with out stripping off the inlet manifold, Richard H helped Rissy do it at Lotus…..but personally I wouldn't attempt it!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
It's a piece of piss with four long arms and some comedy humour thrown in for good charm. Got Rich and I through it on mine in about an hour in a hotel car park!

Remove the cap and leads all in one. Swap the leads over to the new cap in the same orientation. The rotor just pulls straight out and push the new one on. You have to remove the two bolts holding the Venturi body in place so you can pull it up a bit to gain a few more cm clearance. Air filter box obviously has to come off too. Just pull up a bit with one hand on the Venturi body, and use the other three to pull away the cap and leads after unclipping the two clasps from the cap. One to the left (easier one to see and access) and the other is directly across at 180 degrees at the lowest point towards the right hand side. This one is a bit trickier.

It's all possible though. And one good thing about doing it this way is that it means your not risking introducing vacuum leaks on the air intake by taking it all apart. Do that when you want to go into the VOD properly.

Good luck Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
The cap is on, but I found some vacuum pipes were off, so removed the inlet system to sort them out after fitting the cap..!
That is all done now, but the dash binnacle is away at the trimmer until next week, so no drive yet. The interiour is coming along well, setas are recovered and the other parts have cleaned up well.

I am planning to get some driving in before the dreaded salt comes.
good progress, hope your able to drive it soon!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie