Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1004 says hello
Lovely condition - recent refurbished wheels? (no black cap that I can see).
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Hi Dan

I dont know if they have been refurbished.

But they do look more dark grey then other deloreans they are
more silver grey.

Is this depending on the production year??
It's the caps that make me think they were - early cars had dark grey wheels; later, silver. There is a split with regards to VIN (someone will chime in, I'm not sure). Usually though, as I've had a few sets of wheels refurbed, the caps can be done too - might not be the case here and it matters not. The car is very nice!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

These things can get swapped around over the years.

Imagine if a dealer, 20 years ago had a couple of cars in and one had a set of scruffy wheels or dodgy tyres…he'd just swap them…light grey / dark grey…what the heck and its anybodies guess which caps he'd stick on.

In the UK I've known several folk who had had the wheels refurbished in a different colour simply because they preferred them….or it was cheaper!

It still looks a decent car…..no matter what wheel colour it has Smile
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Kinda my point Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

Congratulations on living the Dream!

Looks a very nice car, my doors went up that high too on 6237 (Previous owner put on extra long struts) but the T Panel was marking the doors so I put new 'regular' struts on soon after buying it.

As stated by Chris P and the shipping manifest posted by Dermot, your car was on the first shipment that left Belfast on Easter Sunday 1981... An Historic Day!
DOC 116
VIN 6237