Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pilot 20
PJ Grady (Europe) are please to announce the purchase of 'Pilot 20' - from Sascha Skucek in the US.

The car is one of the earliest known DeLoreans still in the community - and has specific historical value, being one of the few handbuilt DeLoreans assembled by Lotus for US testing purposes.

More details to follow....

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
ooo congrats
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Well done on securing this piece of history , im really looking forward to seeing this in person, im sure it will be a facinating restoration!

Interesting article on the Pilot cars

http://www.deloreanmagazine.com/stories ... tIssue.htm
Just to note everyone, the car in the article Mike paste'd a link to IS NOT THE CAR PJ GRADY HAVE BOUGHT, this car is PILOT 21 and is now in the safe hands of.....!!??? (Cant tell you Big Grin)

(I know you did not mean for it to look like that Mike)

PJ Grady have bought Saschas Black painted Delorean, interior is very different to the standard.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Yes exactly that... its just an article on Pilot cars which mentions P20.... the pictures on there are not this one Smile
I might have some pictures of it somewhere...

I will see if I can trawl through my hard drive and find them!
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
That would be good Smile

There are a few on PJGradys site

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericConten ... _Cars.html

One thing i am assuming is this will not stay as a painted car Smile
That's right Mike - the intention is to return the car to stainless - and from Saschas conversations with the previous owner - the bodywork underneath 'should' be fine.

We're also in touch with one of the Lotus engineers who helped construct the car back in 1980 - so he will be helping us retore the car as authentically as possible.

It goes without saying that the car will be kept in the public domain - we will bring it to shows, etc - and it won't be hidden away from the community!

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
It will be great to see it at some club event or other when the car is ready.

I appreciate you will want to bring the car up to 'standard' first

Interesting that you have the Lotus guy on board... i bet he has plenty of stories to tell !

Heres hoping that Proto One follows on behind Smile Smile

Cheers again Darren
Are you buying a lottery ticket this weekend then Mike ??

NickT.
no its the Grand National ......

Smile
Big Grin got some dosh on that myselfSmile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
well done.

How did you manage that? Smile

Are you currently importing it?

thanks for bringing it back to the UK :lol: 8) Big Grin .

cheers
Barzo.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
hi

just to note also as far as i know, Sascha owned both cars.

the one needing a rebuild had stainless outer door, mild steel inner, one with plexiglass.

i could be wrong, but has pilot 20 its original doors? (as i did not think a pilot door from this car would pass US regulations.).
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Pilot 20 has production doors so it was able to drive legaly on US roads and PJ Grady wont have any problems getting it taxed over here.

Pilot 21 on the other hand has no title so it will NEVER be able to be driven legaly. Other than the legality issues it will need about £20,000 thrown at it to make it look any way decent, the new owner of that car knows what he is doing though.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland