Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It begins...
TBRM Wrote:The car that broke down on FTLOC was mine. And, ahem, it has never happened before. Honest. But as Chris P said, it all added to the fun of the TV show (although at the time I was deeply stressed). Fortunately my fellow Delorean owners all reacted with sympathy (unlike my friends and colleagues who all reacted with hilarity and much mockery).

Oh, and it was steam, not smoke. Smile
Beautiful machine steam smoke or whatever!
Big Grin
"If you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything" ~ McFly family
Quote:Beautiful machine steam smoke or whatever!
Big Grin Don't worry about it at all, I think it all added to the programme myself, these things happen.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Can anyone tell me:
How many of you guys have more than one DeLorean, and who in the world has the biggest collection. I know that guy in the States has made Limo's and Monster trucks etc out of many damaged cars, but actual originals??
Anyone know?
Well, would you look at that. 10054 has just been listed for sale

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11903 ... ale-25-000

must be fate Big Grin
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Philip81 Wrote:Can anyone tell me:
How many of you guys have more than one DeLorean, and who in the world has the biggest collection. I know that guy in the States has made Limo's and Monster trucks etc out of many damaged cars, but actual originals??
Anyone know?

Interesting question.

I am fairly sure that Rich W. in Illinois, that you mention, has the largest collection, outside of dealers etc. At one stage he had 14, or at least 14 vins.

The late Cliff Schmucker in Ohio had 5 or 6 I think, some really special ones too. His was probably the largest collection of road driveable cars.

Quite a few have 2 cars, a manual and an auto. There are relatively few 3+ owners, but how many of them are 3+ driveable cars is very hard to say.

I would speculate that the next largest serial-owner of drivable cars is Keith/Zippy in N Ireland with a seemingly constantly varying amount (4-6 ?), maybe 4 driveable?

Tom in Poland has/had 7, but most of them are/were almost parts cars. I know he sold at least one recently.

There was a gent in Switzerland called Chris who had at least 4 at one point - no idea if that is still current.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Dangermouse Wrote:Well, would you look at that. 10054 has just been listed for sale

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11903 ... ale-25-000

must be fate Big Grin
Oh man, why is the universe doing this to me! I'm not ready yet!! Shock
Dangermouse Wrote:
Philip81 Wrote:Can anyone tell me:
Anyone know?

Interesting question.

I am fairly sure that Rich W. in Illinois, that you mention, has the largest collection, outside of dealers etc. At one stage he had 14, or at least 14 vins.

The late Cliff Schmucker in Ohio had 5 or 6 I think, some really special ones too. His was probably the largest collection of road driveable cars.

Quite a few have 2 cars, a manual and an auto. There are relatively few 3+ owners, but how many of them are 3+ driveable cars is very hard to say.

I would speculate that the next largest serial-owner of drivable cars is Keith/Zippy in N Ireland with a seemingly constantly varying amount (4-6 ?), maybe 4 driveable?

Tom in Poland has/had 7, but most of them are/were almost parts cars. I know he sold at least one recently.

There was a gent in Switzerland called Chris who had at least 4 at one point - no idea if that is still current.
Thanks DM really appreciate this info.
I think anyone with one is incredibly fortunate, after that they're just plain blessed!! Smile

Where I am in Ireland I don't know of anyone near me with one. It hit me yesterday as I took the bus to Dublin (and watched every car on the motorway in the hope of seeing a DMC12) just how rare these are in my world. As I've said, I still haven't seen one in the flesh. It's becoming my White Whale is this car!!
There are many in the North but it really is a trek for me at the moment, and cash is on the tight side! Being a student/actor with a family doesn't afford many excursions!

Anyway, great to hear of all these great owners/collectors.
Inspirational to hear that the dream is possible! Big Grin
Interestingly it's always been said that there are probably nearly as many in Ireland (North & South) as there are in the rest of the UK. Not sure if it's the same now as a lot have been imported in the last 18 months but I suspect there are 200+ in Ireland at least.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:Interestingly it's always been said that there are probably nearly as many in Ireland (North & South) as there are in the rest of the UK. Not sure if it's the same now as a lot have been imported in the last 18 months but I suspect there are 200+ in Ireland at least.
Chris
Really?? I find that surprising Chris. I've been on the Irish page, it's very quiet there. And not many interested in chatting unfortunately.
To me anyway!! :lol:

Also turns out I missed the biggest car show of the year, right on my doorstep a few weeks ago. :?
No idea if there was any Delorean's there but feel there surely was. Gutted when I realized I missed it.

By the way, do you or any of the guys have a regular youtube channel with videos of meetings, your own cars etc??
Would love a look. I have a private channel myself and have accumulated 119 Delorean videos so far, from around the world. Some good, some great and others just weird!!
Philip81 Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:Interestingly it's always been said that there are probably nearly as many in Ireland (North & South) as there are in the rest of the UK. Not sure if it's the same now as a lot have been imported in the last 18 months but I suspect there are 200+ in Ireland at least.
Chris
Really?? I find that surprising Chris. I've been on the Irish page, it's very quiet there. And not many interested in chatting unfortunately.

It's become a bit of a ghost town in recent times unfortunately. This forum and the likes of DMCTalk are way more active these days.
There are lots of cars and owners who don't use forums at all, and still rely on club magazines (such as ours) and good old talking to each other to get information! I'm sure if you post up something asking what car shows people are attending then I'm sure someone will post something up. If you fancy a trip over there is always our main event in August at Lotus and Duxford there are owners from Ireland/Mainland Europe and further away coming to that. Plus (though a long time off) you will have the biggest DeLorean gathering in Europe next year, just search for Eurofest 2016
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
MML Wrote:
Philip81 Wrote:
Chris

It's become a bit of a ghost town in recent times unfortunately. This forum and the likes of DMCTalk are way more active these days.
Yes, it seems that way mate.
Chris Williams Wrote:There are lots of cars and owners who don't use forums at all, and still rely on club magazines (such as ours) and good old talking to each other to get information! I'm sure if you post up something asking what car shows people are attending then I'm sure someone will post something up. If you fancy a trip over there is always our main event in August at Lotus and Duxford there are owners from Ireland/Mainland Europe and further away coming to that. Plus (though a long time off) you will have the biggest DeLorean gathering in Europe next year, just search for Eurofest 2016
Chris
Yes, I might just do that Chris. See if I can't locate someone heading to a particular event soon.

Eurofest is still on my radar for sure.
My wife just ordered The Delorean Story for me for father's day Smile

Only problem, it probably won't arrive in time for Sunday! Still, it's on the way and I'm happy!
Philip81 Wrote:My wife just ordered The Delorean Story for me for father's day Smile

Only problem, it probably won't arrive in time for Sunday! Still, it's on the way and I'm happy!

You should grab a copy of this too Philip, for research purposes Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Buyer ... UTOMOBILES