Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom front number plate brackets?
@c.bennett

I cant find the actual video, but im pretty sure thats a retractable number plate like this one...

I too hate a front plate on my car but decided to have one as im currently running a non legal one at the rear. I thought it best to only get done for one infringement. So i have the smallest i could legally go (actually i think its probably not legal but theres a kinda loophole with imported cars). Its held on with sticky tabs. So far i have had 4 officers look directly at both plates and say nothing but i do carry a legal rear with me in the car too. I drive my car pretty much all the time and passed the fuzz many times. Also those sticky tabs have held on better than i hoped too. 

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876
(18 Feb 2020, 10:21)Chris P Wrote: Of course its a personal preference, but I think the regular one, as fitted by the factory to UK cars....does it for me.

Totally. Thanks Chris. Yeah, they look fine, but I'd personally rather keep the bumper clear and get the plate out of the way down at the spoiler.

DMC1983 Wrote: I cant find the actual video, but im pretty sure thats a retractable number plate like this one...

Now that looks pretty cool. I don't want to drill anyholes in the spoiler though, so I may end up just making a custom bracket that can mount to the bolts under the spoiler and take up the same space in front of the spoiler.

Thanks for the replies guys!
DeLorean DMC-12 (October 1981)
Obsessive perfectionist and 64th annual 2019 Hillsborough Concours D'Elegance class winner.
You can buy a bracket off DGo that screws in where the rocker screen screws are so no drilling is needed. I have one and am willing to sell that would include the screws for the plate as well. Was hardly used as i just didnt like the look really. You can just about see it here:

- DeLoryan
VIN 5219
Oct 81, Grey interior, 
manual, grooved hood
DOC 876