Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US barn find - under 1000 miles
Hi Alan

Very well played indeed on securing this one. Will be good to have another Delorean in our local area. I shall look forward to having a trip down to look at it soon

Richard
Richard M.
Edenbridge, Kent
VIN 981
Congrat's Alan Smile

Are you planning to keep the car painted, or bring it back to Stainless? I must admit after seeing Matt Woodall's red painted delorean at some meets last year, which is a very nice looking example, I am now a fan of painted delorean's and the paint finish on the one you have purchased looks fantastic.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Good for you Alan, are you happy to keep it red,or are you thinking of taking it back to stainless? ( a big job)

My thoughts are……..for what its worth ……would be to keep it red initially, and get some use/ fun out of it…then decide later on about its future.

They do look nice red!………sorry yet another 'crossed email'!!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Guys,
I think I need to see the car in the flesh before I decide re the colour, if the paint looks as good as it does in the photos I may keep it red although the photos are in the sunshine which tends to make everything look brighter & shinier !!. It does look to be a nice paintjob though. My son & I are off to San Francisco for a car related jolly next week when we will see it & start the shipping ball rolling so I will keep you up to speed. As I said previously very excited about this, been looking a while now & can't believe the difference in selling price from last time to this. I have spoken to the seller who was pretty cheesed off with people making inflated bids just to outbid the next guy then not having the funds to complete the deal so maybe I popped up at the right time.
Alan.
Just my opinion, but if you want a stainless car buy a stainless car.
By the time this ones back in the UK it will owe you £25K, then if you get someone to strip (with the risk of not knowing what you'll find) & re-brush. You'll be in for way more than a nice sorted stainless UK car.
Keep it red, t'is cool. Mr Green
Quote:.
You will be pleased to learn that I am the new owner of the red 4659 & all thing being equal it will begin its journey home next week. Expect to see it (& me) in the Surreyy/Sussex areas this year, very excited.
Alan.
Thats great news, personally I like red cars, Matt's looks really good.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Congratulations Sir! It looks like a wonderful example. The largest complement I can pay is that I was bidding against you; but I'm delighted the car is coming over to the UK. I hope she's even better in real life than we both thought from the pictures.

Welcome to the owner's club. The club is so supportive. If you have any questions at all please just ask. I can't wait to see the car in the flesh.
Spencer

Vin 522 RHD "Flashy"
Nice job. I think you have bought a good one. Not only does the paint look great, I think the real interest came from the under carriage pics...not too many Deloreans around that look that good underneath.
Great news. Near to me too!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

I reckon any DeLorean is a cool car,weather its red,blue or pink with purple spots :-) 8)
Has this car made it back to the UK yet?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
OK, so what's going on here then?

Yesterday's post by me was just a speculative question, but co-incidentally today I see this ebay listing, from a seller who is in Greece. Whether the car is there or not, I don't know

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-DMC-12 ... _747wt_922

using the same text from the original ad.

Maybe it's all above board, but it feels scammish. Anyone know/contact "alan521" to confirm? Did the sale get canceled?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Looks a bit odd to me..the car is supposed to be in Greece but the sellers feedback has him in Canada…or am I wrong? The price seems to have halved! I don't know what to make of it.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Scam!

If this car has come to the UK, I hope they keep the red paint that is one clean DeLorean...
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I've emailed the 'seller' reported it to eBay so we'll see where that leads……
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian