Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car and Driver Mag from 1977 Delorean Concept car
Just been tiding out my cupboard and found this. I bought it a few years ago. it from 1977 and show the DeLorean concept. still has the label on from who ever had it delivered by there paper boy in July 77 haha!!

[Image: DSC_0119.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0120.jpg]
Love it buddy. 8)
Would that of been just a concept-non runner model.
Even I can see lots of difference with what actually came off the line in 81'.
88mph Wrote:Love it buddy. 8)
Would that of been just a concept-non runner model.
Even I can see lots of difference with what actually came off the line in 81'.
That's prototype 1, and was driveable - it had a Citroen engine in it.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
I wish the Gold Portfollio would have had color images as an option. I would have gladly paid up for it.

On Proto 1, yes it still runs, and looks every bit as good today as it did in those pictures. The last I heard it was sold at RM auctions in 2007 for 100,000 and probably considered well bought today, but then the US economy was showing signs of serious trouble.

Tony from DMCFL (who restored it) asked for first option to buy it back. When the owner wanted to sell he offered it at over 200k so Tony refused and to my knowledge it is still for sale.

Here is the auction from 2007,

[YouTube] http://youtu.be/cHmLMlYcCRs[/YouTube]
Proto 1 was still for sale a week ago. The asking price is $175k firm. I will PM the seller's details to any new lottery winners out there.

S
Spencer

Vin 522 RHD "Flashy"
Spencer Wrote:Proto 1 was still for sale a week ago. The asking price is $175k firm. I will PM the seller's details to any new lottery winners out there.

S
Asking price is 175k....Firm. LOL
good bit of info Big Grin cheers
wasnt Proto1 owned by Cliff Schmucker (sp) who organised the DCS events in the USA, but sadly died a year or so ago?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:wasnt Proto1 owned by Cliff Schmucker (sp) who organised the DCS events in the USA, but sadly died a year or so ago?
Yes. It was either him or the exectuer who offered it back to Tony of DMCFL who originally turned it down but kept first right of refusal. If anyone else makes an acceptable offer, he can either match it or let it go.

I just read today that Tony just reached a deal to buy back proto1. It will be at their upcoming open house.
After restoration, Tony first sold it to a guy in Texas for his collection, who subsequently passed away.

Tony then bought it back and a few years later, at DCS2012, sold it to Cliff S, who subsequently passed away.

And now Tony has bought it back again.

I saw it at DCS and it is beautifully restored
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Nice to know the prototypes survive Big Grin
not sure I'd want a car who's new owners pass away, sounds abit like Proto-1 and Tony have the same relationship as 'Christine' and the lad Cunningham who bought her lol
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie