Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Member from Teesside
Hi all

I'm Gav and I'm from Teesside in the North East, I've been into the Delorean for most of my life due to being a massive Back to the future nut! I think its down to how unique the car is and the stainless panels (making me love it even more as my main job is stainless TIG welding). Unfortunately I've only ever had chance to see Deloreans in museums including Haynes and Lakeland. But recently I was given the chance to have a look at one that been tucked away in a barn since the 80's!! it was uncovered just for me to go see.

Picture Below

[Image: 10632852_10152324967586969_428306626349486530_n.jpg]

[Image: 10616255_10152324967726969_6089874892442364215_n.jpg]

[Image: 10410221_10152324967941969_1057669219108003176_n.jpg]

[Image: 14936_10152325078721969_2684946217592310491_n.jpg]

it didn't have a battery on but I was told that now and again a battery is put on and it is ran around his estate. The tax disc in the front window was I'm sure still showing around 87/88 and the odometer was show 33,000 km (I think) as im assuming left hand drive is an import. it seemed to be in quite good condition on the surfure of the stainless. only a couple of small dents and interior was very good from what I could so but light wasn't good enough.... I was offered it for a small fortune but just carn't afford one at the moment... And I'm hoping this one sees the road again at some point as he didn't look in any rush to advertise... so I've only ever sat in one... never seen one driven or even herd one running Sad im hoping to get to come and see you's at a future show and get the chance to see some fine examples in the flesh!!

Cheers (and thank you for having me) Gavin
Woaw!

Nice one!

Welcome to the club forum.

Don't suppose you got any details of the car there?

Most people will be interested to learn what VIN# it is and whether it's a manual or automatic etc.

I can see it's a grey interior with a phase 2 bonnet, but that's about all.

So how much was this small fortune (if you don't mind me asking?)

We're hungry critters here....always after info lol!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi Rissy,

Thanks for the welcome Big Grin

Looking at my pics at the gear level and being sat in it im sure it was a manual.

The car it self even though I only managed to get a quick look seemed to be in quite good condition.

I kind of wish I joined this forum before I went and looked as I only learnt of the where about and looked at the car both in the same day or I could have gone armed with info to note down VIN etc

The guy was asking £20k

It might be possible to organise another look but it was only through a friend of a friend Sad

Gav
Hi and welcome to the forum. Nice find you have there, I will have a look later in the day see if I can find any history on the car. I suspect if he is interested in selling he will have a q of people around the block waving money at him for the chance to own the car!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Without knowing anything about the car at all. Running condition. Chassis condition. Interior condition. Etc etc.

On the face of it, and with the currently inflated value of these things, I'd say £20k doesn't sound bad at all.

I'd say you should revisit with a potential interest to buy. This time, be armed with a camera to take pictures of all the particular areas of interest. Engine bay. Chassis underneath. Interior. Etc.

Get them up here for us all to put our two pence worth, and consider buying on that basis.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
And be ready for a deluge of 'PM's from other people asking you where it is, lol. We have a couple of club members with cars not to far from you in County Durham, whom I'm sure would be more than happy for you to have a look/possibly drive around (as passenger) in a DeLorean. Both are really nivce blokes (as are most people that own a DeLorean) and I'm sure one of them would be keen to help you out.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks for the replies.

I have made some calls and texts today and unfortunaly it looks like that was the one and only chance to have a look and looks like it won't happen again. Sad I didnt take much notice of the where the car was stored either (only the other side of the A1 to thirsk) as I was hoping that I'd get the chance to go up again. I hope the guy realises what he has and that it shud be on the road and it appears one day. you never know some one might track it down.
It's nice to know some deloreans are in my area and hopefully get the chance to see the cars and meet the owners.

Cheers Gav
Welcome Gav, there's a couple of local shows that I'll probably take the car to this year, one in seaham and the other at the national railway museum in shildon. so I'll try and let you know and you can come and see mine. Interesting to hear of one near thirsk and £20000 seems like an ok price. As long as the chassis isn't rotten. Definatly an investment
Vin1373 check out ashbrookweddingcars.co.uk& very soon, deloreanhirenortheast.co.uk
Nice find... I'm still waiting for an awesome barn find like this near me!

WAR92W was first registered in Chelmsford.

If anyone would have info on this car it would be Dave Howarth.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
hi Theflyinggeordie999,

the would be great to see your Delorean at one of the local show. both very close to me.cheers

Stuart

How do u manage to find out where the car was registered? DVLA? or just from looking at the reg?
Just a quick Google search
DOC 116
VIN 6237
ayup chap, nice to see you on here after chatting to you on Facebook the other day Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi Claire Big Grin had to join asap haha
Welcome to the forum Smile
Very nice find you've got here!