Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have all the D's gone
this has been bugging me for a while, but if there is around 300 delorean's in the uk, well where are they all? just wondering
thanks TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Mines on my drive! Chorlton Manchester.

Maybe we should make a post where everyone puts down where theres is. Then make a map showing all the whereabouts. I dont think every owner wants to make themselves known though. Some people just rather keep themselves to themselves, fair doos i say.
Mine is safe in the garage having a good rest after doing over 500 miles over the last few days...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
mines tucked away in the garage on SORN because

(a) my shoulder isnt fit enough for me to drive it

and

(b) I cant afford to re-tax it even if I wanted to drive it Sad

happy days!!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
very funny you lot :lol: i meant the ones that we dont see :lol:
TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Well i have some form of records but it is only as good as the info that was passed onto Chris / me.

No where near 300 on there though

I wonder if the DVLA will give out how many are registered in the UK?
Hi all, I have had a most frustrating couple of weeks since we moved into our new place. I had to change my email from NTL to BT and have had only a handfull of emails in weeks! I can now log onto here after a frustrating 3 days, thanks to Nick and Tristan. Paul B was the first DOC member to check out our new place yeaterday. The only email currently working for me is chrisparnham1 ( at) btinternet.com, please feel free to break my isolation! Regarding the number of D's, as Mike says we only know of probably about half of the UK ones. The DVLA were instrumental in enabling the club to be formed 11 years ago, but I stronly supect that things would be very different today....privicy..human rights etc. Just about to tax my LHD if I can find the log book in all the mess. My RHD is about to become "walled up" in its strong room. Chrispy.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
How about requesting the information under the Freedom of Information Act?
If we structure the request correctly we might be able to get some info down that route (maybe). :wink:
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
its a tough one tho, but as scott said some people might just want to be left alone with itSad

Anyway Chris P i hate it when that happens with email addresses, thats why i have set one up outside of my isp because as soon as you switch the isp they tend to close the email down (not all do) but can be a pain if it does happen.
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Chris P Wrote:Hi all, I have had a most frustrating couple of weeks since we moved into our new place. I had to change my email from NTL to BT and have had only a handfull of emails in weeks! I can now log onto here after a frustrating 3 days, thanks to Nick and Tristan. Paul B was the first DOC member to check out our new place yeaterday. The only email currently working for me is chrisparnham1 ( at) btinternet.com, please feel free to break my isolation! Regarding the number of D's, as Mike says we only know of probably about half of the UK ones. The DVLA were instrumental in enabling the club to be formed 11 years ago, but I stronly supect that things would be very different today....privicy..human rights etc. Just about to tax my LHD if I can find the log book in all the mess. My RHD is about to become "walled up" in its strong room. Chrispy.

I hope you mean "Thanks to Nick and Tristan I managed to get back online within 3 days" Shock

It's been ages since you have been on hope you get your D fixes soon. 8)

NickT