Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know SIJ 1083 Cunningham collection RHD?
Thanks gents, I do appreciate it if you can keep these kind off comments off-line. We all have differences however I'm sure most people like myself have nothing but respect for what BOTH of you have done in promoting and supporting the DeLorean community be it with the DOA or DOC (UK)
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris P Wrote:Regarding the 'truck' lights.

Yep truck 80's Leyland truck, glamorous as they are Smile

[Image: Leyland-Daf-Military-Army-VehicleTruckLo...334450.jpg]

http://www.handhsurplus.co.uk/product/le...-pair-new/
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
They are not too bad really!

The Rubber-lite ones are getting less common on the roads, but I did see a set today on a 58 reg lorry. (They also have an LED version.) Unfortunately I was not able to grab by camera, as I was driving down the M!.

The Ozzy D owner, David, seems to have kept the Rover ones on his Wooler-Hodec car and now they are fitted properly they don't look too bad.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Indeed those light are quite nice.
Maybe it even has a fog light?
I would think so Domi,

my guess (and thats all it is) is that because it has the correct 'William Towns designed ' light trims, it either went out to Australia with the full Wooler set up, and then some Ozzy 'jobs worth' pointed out that even the Rubber-lite were not approved over there, so ( the late) Maurice Brockwell looked around for some that were. I'm sure we exported a few Rovers down there.

It would be nice to know for sure. …David P, if you read this can cast any light on this?

The photo is totally unrelated, as it was Dusty the barn car, before it was registered and never had anything other than US style lights fitted. Now with Ian Foster in NI.

( incidentally I found out about Dusty when a chap was collecting some parts from Derby Plating…he didn't comment on DeLores as he walked past, and it eventually emerged that the was a RHD near him in a barn in Leicester…it took several weeks to track it down and 6 months to buy it)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I have no specific information when those lights were fitted but even thought they look like they were fitted properly they were just loose and not secured at all. Sort of floating behind the black facias. Interestingly not many Rovers were exported over here so it must have been one of the only sets of lights that could fit and look reasonable. The wiring for them was atrocious.
Dave
Thanks for the info David. Very interesting.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743