Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 cars offered for immediate sale! pickup only (Not mine!)
Cross-posting from DMCTalk since I don't know if Tomcio posts here;

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10970-...ickup-only

For all those desiring a project car already within Europe...
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
No pictures & no prices, just bring lots of cash to Eastern Europe, Hell what could possibly go wrong? :lol:
Having had abit more of a read, it does seem genuine, sounds like the guy is having a tough time, I know all about that, but pics and prices would be a minimum requirement before heading to the other end of Europe with a car trailer, wouldn't it?
Good luck to him though.
Tomcio is a very well known member of the delorean community http://www.deloreana.com/
Here is a picture of the cars for sale;

[Image: poland-cars_zps2679f85f.jpg]

Apparently Tomico is losing access to the storage space, and they must all go together in the next week, for anything over the scrap metal price, otherwise they are going to the scrapyard. Chris Nicholsson and I are seriously considering going over next weekend. Is anyone else (with a transporter trailer) interested in a convoy? Or we could look at transport companies willing to collect on short notice.
I wonder why they must "all go together"?

I know if I had 5 deloreans in storage, and the storage was in jeopardy with a week to go, I'd rather sell the ones I could easily for good money to genuine enthusiasts rather than risk the lot being scrapped just for insisting they all go together.

I mean how many options has someone got to collect 5 non runners from Poland within a week?

If anyone has a car transporter and a transporter trailer behind it, the 3rd and 4th from the left look the best bets....

The ones either end might just as well be coke tins on first impressions...

Good luck to anyone interested...
I would be up for taking on one of them. Cash waiting... be a shame to see anything other than restoration of these.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:I would be up for taking on one of them. Cash waiting... be a shame to see anything other than restoration of these.
Chris

Me too. Although not completely confident, I'd rather pay for and pull apart another car over the one I've got.

Then when I've learned everything I need to, I might do a frame off on my original car. It's something that's inevitable for a long term ownership, if it hasn't been done. The only other big thing is the engine really, and that's a big fear with aluminium corrosion and all that....

With a donor car, you can refurbish all the parts you aren't happy with on your car,
(Off the donor) and swap them over learning at the same time how it came off the donor car etc

It sure beats taking your car to pieces and sending the frame away for weeks on end...

So yeah, maybe another DeLorean it is... We'll see!
Do we have any specifics? I might be interested in taking one.

What state are they in? What prices are we talking.
Vin 5921
One person on the forum has volunteered to actually drive over there with Chris N & me, although he doesn't have a transporter. I don't want a car to keep but I have room to store a couple for a few weeks if necessary. Chris, are you able to make the trip, or are you just willing to take one on arrival? I've asked Tomico to clarify if he does or doesn't want to sell the mostly restored car (the one in the middle I assume). If he does we should definitely try to get all four intact cars. The crashed red one and the mostly stripped tub are likely not worth the trip for UK buyers, although it might be practical to stack the spare tub on top of one of the other cars on my trailer (after taking the remaining panels off). The CG on the DeLorean is pretty low, I've definitely had it loaded higher than that moving 4x4s around with no issues.
I have a DeLorean sized towing dolly ( recently bought) that someone could borrow, that can be towed by a modest sized cat, but is 8' 6'' wide. Its free for collection from my Derby Home.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
If there is a manual, with a g/box ( pedals etc) and a good Chassis, i'd have that …irrespective of the rest of the car as it would give me the option of turning my car into a manual. The Chassis would have to be un-bent and rot free. But I don't have time to go over to Poland at present. If it could be got to the UK i'd buy it.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
An update from Tomico, all six cars need to go. The middle car in the photo (which looks in best condition) has a US title. The 'tub' that is not in that photo is actually a car in the middle of frame-off restoration and has a Polish registration. The other four cars do not have paperwork.
What does the lack of paperwork mean, bottom line? That they're destined to be parts cars or could you have a deep and meaningful conversation with the DVLA and finally get one registered?
hi
i wish i was in for this...i still have some saving to go, even for a rebuild!.

my guess is even without paperwork you could still get it registered.

remember a kit var over here can be with no paperwork...if all new can be a new reg, and without possibly Q plate, and a donor car, the age of the donor.

would need a DVLA inspection to confirm age. and no SVA due to its age anyway. possibly a decent official letter from the club may help.

it would be criminal to let any even a remotely possible rebuild get destroyed.

my guess is there will be plenty of takers in Poland itself surely judging by the amount of cars going over there from here (albeit BMW's etc) and if anyone sniffs making a few quid they will be gone?
so if i was going i would secure one with a deposit first without seeing it...a risk but a complete D even if broken is worth £4-5k in parts or more, probably more these days (BUT Don't break them!!!!).
question though ....why is there no paperwork, and any export from the US would have to have paperwork to leave the country??.

....hi now looks like he has sorted his problem and cars not for sale......and that Martin had made a decent offer anyway but is sorting storage for him.

i can only image what offers some had made......like £1k each car or something!!

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370