Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of the Gas Flap?
Hey Guys and Gals

Talking to Dave H a while back, He mentioned that he thought the last ever D with a Gas Flap in the hood was Vin 2112. Does anyone know any further details on this. Mines Vin 2107 and has the flap so if daves right mines one of the last lot made, really interested to find out about cars coming off the line around the same time as mine.

Cheers!
The last vin to have a gas flap was an Aug '81 Vin 3200. I was looking to buy Vin 3202 several years ago and that just missed out. Though like most things this is not a rule as some earlier VIN's either got changed out at the QAC's or due to accidents.

This is from the DeLorean Millennium Concours handbook.

"Hood must be correct for VIN. Up to 3200 had accent lines and fuel filler door, from 3201 to 7199 had accent lines, but no fuel filler door. All CD and DD VINs had neither accent lines nor fuel doors. “DeLorean” hood emblem (Figure 48) on CD and DD VIN’s is acceptable"
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Thnaks alot for that. Interesting stuff indeed. Is there a figure of how many D's with Gas flap there are in the UK?
http://delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPart.a ... popup=true

Why not just buy one Smile Smile
dmcscott2002 Wrote:Thnaks alot for that. Interesting stuff indeed. Is there a figure of how many D's with Gas flap there are in the UK?

no idea sorry.... i know of low vins with flat bonnets, I dont keep that 'detailed' records.
Ahh right cheers. Ive got one thanks, it'll do for now Smile
well if you ever need one for an LPG conversion you know you can get it Smile Smile
Chris N @ PJ Grady can add a gas flap to any hood Smile

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericConten ... _Flap.html
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
and having seen this hood first hand what a nice job they do too Smile

I wonder how much value it would add to say a pleated hood..... and what about a flat hood ??

Maybe that would be a first??