Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just put a deposit down on a DeLorean
Hey, Dan

That's not coming to Waterlooville is it? I'm Emsworth and my office is in Waterlooville Shock
VIN 4532

DOC-574
My DeLorean? Yeah, Waterlooville. Just like the last two Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Darren C Wrote::lol:

Ships in the night eh :wink:

Yep mines due in Southampton 1st December. Where's yours being picked up from Karl, New York? It's cutting it fine for you this side of xmas!

I originally was told NJ but must be NY, Ship arrival day has slipped to 21'st so far. How quick is the Southampton turn around? Will I get it before the xmas shut down do you think?
If your car lands on the 21st.... well, I doubt you'll see it before the 25th. Mine was due Sunday 23rd, but due to shipping traffic came in 2 days late, then cleared customs 2 days after. Then, of course, sending the fees and duty over and having that clear.... So, I'm seeing mine a full week after delivery in to port. I'd play it by ear!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

Dan's right. 21st is a Sunday, at best they'll get it unloaded by close of play Monday 22nd then 2 days to process the itinerary & pass paperwork on to agent & Customs for processing takes you to 24th Dec. then your into the holiday

My guess is you'll be looking at week commencing 5th January Cry

Keep an eye on the GBP to USD rate, customs set the rates each new month, by which your 5% to pay will be calculated. Currently the rate is in our favour (small percent rise in strength of GBP this Nov). However traditionally if you look at a year on year graph, it drops slightly in Dec/Jan or at best stays the same.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Also might be worth asking how their storage will work over a holiday period. I got 6 days free - then £10 a day. If they are closed, hopefully you won't be charged.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

Hmmmmm email sent.
Faust now docked and being loaded in NY!! Tongue
Start you bugger!! :lol:
What you need Karl is a time machine......wait a minute :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:What you need Karl is a time machine......wait a minute :wink:
You will never have to wait for anything again!
88mph Wrote:Hmmmmm email sent.
Faust now docked and being loaded in NY!! Tongue
Start you bugger!! :lol:

You were right the first time Karl, I just took a look and Faust is in Jersey...New Jersey hence the NJ not NY. I know that dockyard and Hudson river well, having berthed Navy ships in Jersey and pier 86 just off 12th Ave New York back in my previous life Big Grin
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi Karl,

Just seen Faust has finally finished its East Coast of the USA tour :wink:
On its way to Bremenhaven Germany due 15th Dec.

Its a massive port there, what I remember of taking ships into Bremenhaven was square mile after square mile of millions of Volkswagens parked up ready for world wide shipment Shock

I got a call yesterday to say my container had been unloaded in Southampton, the customs had agreed to vehicle of historic interest and I paid a VERY small import fee, my new car should be "unpacked" and ready to pick up from Monday Big Grin
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Agent emailed me to say it made it on board & is due on the 21st, it maybe able to be collected on Christmas eve.

Things just have to work out perfectly & everything go smoothly............ No worries then!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Might have time to wrap it as well Tongue
Just like waiting for Christmas. (for several of us) .

Here is a card in the mean time.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
marty Wrote:Might have time to wrap it as well Tongue

Wife still doesn't know I've bought one. Big bow and her name on it is an idea!!! Tongue

May have time to make some space in my garage too!! :lol:
Sold my children's early bedroom furniture last week & spare washing machine yesterday, so there is light! :lol:

Like that card Chris, was that sent out by DMC? If only I knew how to print that on card, bro would love that!