Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Fife
Hello, I'm a recent new member, been doing plenty of reading of your fine forum, but now feel the need to contribute Smile

My wife and I are now the proud owners-to-be of a winged silver beast, just the financial odds and ends to tie up. I'll post a new thread in the member's cars section when we actually collect it.

It's a very tidy car, VIN 5124, ONL912X, owned by a gentleman from Edinburgh for the last few years. Grey leather, 5 speed manual, the exact spec I was looking for.

Any members happen to know this car?

[Image: 10625034_10152188678056184_4780210321556...e=547B3869]
Med Venlig Hilsen
Welcome!

This is not a car I was aware of, especially in the Edinburgh area. My car (vin#1458) is also in Edinburgh (although I actually live in Rugby - no garage you see, but daddy does! Lol!), as are two others (I'll let them present themselves if they wish). My car has been around Edinburgh since 2009.

It seems that the Scottish Delorean contingent is a fast growing one, so you should have no shortages of potential mini meets with others. Big Grin

Nice looking car!

Tell us more! :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Robert's car yes?? Probably Robert knows more about it than anyone. Dave Howarth (club president) also knows a lot about it's history before Robert owned it and is well worth a call.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I'm one of the other owners from Edinburgh, so welcome to the club! I have seen this car in person just recently at the Scottish Car Show, speaking with Robert (the then owner).

I'm a little confused though, as Robert indicated he had just recently purchased it. So either you're Robert and finally checking in to the forums or he has sold it on much sooner than I expected? Hopefully you can post back and clear up my confusion!

Either way, I was up close with your car and have a few further pictures. PM me if you want any assistance or information Smile
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Thanks for the welcome guys. No I'm not Robert - I understand he would like to concentrate on some of his other classics.

We haven't officially purchased the car yet, only shook on the deal. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be home with us Smile
Med Venlig Hilsen
Welcome I'm kris and I'm just down the road in Durham. I'm hoping to make a the Scottish show next year so will be good to meet you
Vin1373 check out ashbrookweddingcars.co.uk& very soon, deloreanhirenortheast.co.uk
Edinburg seems a bit of a DeLorean hotspot. Two RHD's have made also their way up there in the last couple of months. SIJ 5996 and DMC 1J.

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Club event hosted in Scotland for 2016 maybe? :lol: Could do it then convoy to get the ferry over to Dunmurry for the meet there too!
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Hey,

I'm Donna (aka Peanut) and Doive's wife. Hello Smile

We received our DOC tax disc holder today and can't wait to put it in the DeLorean when we get it (date TBC). Lovely leaflet BTW and can count us in for the Lotus DMC event August 2015. Just love a good convoy and club turnout.

Dave and I love classic car shows and are members of the UKSaabs forum/club. We have a Saab 99 which is normally at the shows and my daily work car too (until the Saab 900 is back on the road, minor welding which Dave is progressing with). Just thinking, I'll have to blu-tac my swipe pass to a broom pole or something when we get the DeLorean and poke it through the window to lift the work gate barrier :lol: or stylishly hold up traffic, lift the wing, get out, walk round, swipe the pad, then lower the wing... May do that once for the fun of it Mr Green

Looking forward to meeting up at some car shows
welcome to the Club, congrats on your purchase, and we look forward to welcoming you to
Club events Smile

Out of interest, if you could be a cheap flight from Edinburgh to Birmingham, you can come
and meet a load of us nutters at the NEC in November Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks Guinney1971.

Oooooh, now there's an dea, what date is NEC? Smile

Great other car you have, Cavalier. Our family had 3 red ones, all H reg,
very reliable and could fit allsorts in it Smile
Quote:Oooooh, now there's an dea, what date is NEC? Smile
Hear you go: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5439
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Smile

D'oh! Just checked our calendar and that weekend we'll be in Newcastle. Hope the turnout is good Smile
Peanut Wrote:Thanks Guinney1971.

Oooooh, now there's an dea, what date is NEC? Smile

Great other car you have, Cavalier. Our family had 3 red ones, all H reg,
very reliable and could fit allsorts in it Smile

hiya, we love our Mk3 Cavs, we used to have the last one ever built, saved it from being shot at by
the military!!

We've got 2 currently, my 1989/G reg one, and Phill has a 1995 TD which runs on old cooking oil Smile

Picture is our two at the VBOA Rally at Billing Aquadrome in 2007, when they were both alot shinier then
they are now...
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Welcome Doive and Donna and congratulations on your car. I saw this car a few weeks ago and it looked in very fine order. I'm down the road in Edinburgh and have the honour to own SIJ5996. If I can help in any way at all please let me know.

Spencer
Spencer

Vin 522 RHD "Flashy"