Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back our crowdfunding project www.dandelorean.co.uk
I am in desperate need of some support guys and any ideas to increase support please take a look http://www.dandelorean.co.uk
Looks like commercial venture to me. Why not borrow the money from a bank?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
First post and you're asking us to donate to your cause without even introducing yourself or taking any formalities. You really don't make a convincing case coming to an enthusiast site and asking for money for nothing to establish a business. Especially since your asking money for a RHD conversion too when it's not really needed for what you are after.

I say that having had the opportunity to drive a self-hire DeLorean in the UK before opting to purchase one of my own, and finding the LHD aspect being part of the fun.

I'm sure self-hire could be very lucrative for you provided you can meet the upkeep and insurance costs, but if you can't even take the time to save the money yourself for this venture then I don't have confidence you could look after the car or business.
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
You can't be serious? Sounds like you're just exploiting people for your own gain. I think the reason people are not shaking your hand off and throwing money at you is because you're insulting their intelligence by asking them to BUY YOU a Delorean but dressing it up with a frankly weak-ass cover story about self-drive. Which, by the way, is the most ridiculous crowd funding proposal I've ever heard.

Get real man
Alex

"That punk Calvin Klein"
Isn't this considered SPAM? Is it safe to click on the link this guy posted ...
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
young people today,

back when I were a lad, if I wanted a DeLorean I'd have to get job at t'mill, getting up for work half an hour before I went to bed.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
I worked hard for 10 years to save up for my DeLorean...

YOU want to be GIVEN 40 GRAND IN 30 DAYS to get one...

Sorry it doesn't work like that. You're living in f---ing lala land :lol:

You're Not going to make any friends in the DeLorean community me thinks!
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Quote:back when I were a lad, if I wanted a DeLorean I'd have to get job at t'mill, getting up for work half an hour before I went to bed
Pahh, only half an hour I did two paper rounds before that as well :wink:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I do believe this fella has done the rounds on the other forums and had a similar response.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
and what's this all about

"Manual not automatic, again easier for others to drive"

?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
ok guys I know it was rather optimistic, I'm now going to let my dream die and crawl back under my rock.. sorry
Never let your dreams die! Just work for it and one day the dream will come true.
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Yeah, don't give up on getting a DeLorean. Totally worth the time and effort. Just don't expect others to foot the bill.
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Don't be a drama queen! No one should ever give up on their dreams - I for one have dreamt of owning a Delorean for more years than I care to count and have worked damn hard to achieve that dream.

You're right to have a dream and I admire anyone who follows their dreams but you can't exploit people like that. If you want people to contribute to your company, you have to offer real tangible benefits on an ongoing basis like a profit share or allow a real interest in the car that these people have paid towards. You can't expect people to pay you between £300 - £500 for 'a photo of the car' and 'your name on the website'.

If you put as much effort into legitimately saving for the car as you did into that website of yours, you'd have it in no time. By the way, you can pick up a decent Delorean for £17k, see, I've just halved your workload. Big Grin

It would also be nice to show an iota of interest in the Delorean community rather than banging out a 1st post demanding favours with not so much as a please or thank you.
Alex

"That punk Calvin Klein"