Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS)
I remember the Lotus Tour in 2006, it was amazing and very informative, and driving round
the test track was great too.

Book it up you guys, you wont be disappointed!

Can I also just say, the trophies have arrived with me this week for 'Peoples Choice' and
'Furthest travelled to event', so get blinging your cars and resetting your GPS/speedometers Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
What about shortest distance travelled? :wink:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Colin Spooner would win that one……but he doesn't have a DeLorean.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Right then people…….last call for Lotus…

….about 35 now booked for the Factory tour and test track, you have till the end of today to book and Pay me, as I have to pay Lotus tomorrow ( Friday 31st ).

A few people are doing there own thing during the day on Saturday and joining us for the evening meal, visit to Duxford etc.

Almost certainly the last time we can get to meet with some of the senior Lotus / DeLorean people at the place where it all started.

Still one or two cancellations available at Breckland Lodge. Book direct for accommodation and meal.

A reminder:- cost is £80 Per Person for the full tour, including test track. £69 without test track laps.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Yep, heads up everyone. This should be a great weekend in great locations and I would like to remind everyone, all are welcome regardless of being in the club or not. Be great to see a good turnout especially for Duxford. I do have the tickets now (discounted) for Duxford, as mentioned before club members can have an adult entrance ticket FOC (you don't have to arrive in a DeLorean!) and other adult tickets are £12.00 each & kids 5yrs up £6.00. I'm happy to send these out in advance to save having to find me on the day though any payment would also be appreciated in advance!
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
really grateful for all the work the two Chris's have put into this years event, looks like
its going to be really well supported too.

See you all in a fortnight!
A few people who have already done the factory tour and don't want to do it again have asked if they could just do the 3 laps of the test track (and NOT the factory visit as well). Lotus have agreed to that, the cost is still just £12 per car. ( it has to be in a DeLorean..no 'ordinary' cars.)

If anyone wants this, please email me without delay, as I need to give Lotus security folk a full list of names of people attending, by wednesday.

While i'm on, would anyone be able to pick up a special visitor from Stanstead airport on Friday morning and bring him to the Hotel? And would anyone be able to drop him off again on Sunday afternoon after Duxford? It would be a great help.

please email me direct…….a free book in it for each trip as a thank you ! chrisparnham@live.co.uk
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Are there times per-day for the events? A more direct agenda (actually my wife asking this!)
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Hi Dan,

Now I've got firm numbers……40 for Lotus and 48 for the meal! i'm finalising things with Lotus on Thursday.

My understanding is:-

Friday, assemble in Norfolk, check in Hotel casual dining in the evening, possible ex Lotus people attending for one to one chatting.

Saturday, breakfast at the Hotel and head for Lotus arriving mid morning ..exact times to be decided…. Evening meal at the Hotel with guest speaker Nick Sutton and other senior ex Lotus/Delorean people in attendance.

Sunday set off south for Duxford after breakfast .

Chris W and I will advise further on timings on Thursday.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:Are there times per-day for the events? A more direct agenda (actually my wife asking this!)
Was in the last newsletter that was posted out :wink: but it's roughly the last posting on this page: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5440&start=30
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks both! I'd seen something; lost it, dug around and come up short. So.. I asked Smile
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

If any one would like any specific club regalia/clothing Etc to be brought to the event then please let myself or Mary know. Be it any models/Haynes t-shirts or anything similar then give me a shout and I can bring them up with me saves you a bit on P&P that way. If you look under shop: http://deloreans.co.uk/ this gives you an idea of what we have at the moment.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
We have had a cancellation by a member who now has to work that weekend………As he and Lotus are all paid up, if someone want to take his place, so that we could then refund his £80, it would be a good result all round…...….please phone me ASAP. 01332 556464.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
hiya, has anyone who's not doing Lotus made any plans for Saturday?

We're thinking of going to Bressingham Steam Railway - we did Lotus tour in
2006, plus with kids aged 2 and 5, its probably not suitable for them, especially
the youngest.

Although knowing our two, they'll probably prefer going to the zoo.......
I'm afraid cars trump trains here (although there is a weird DeLorean/train fetish going on isn't there?) Wink
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566