Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC (UK) SUMMER EVENT 2015, 14,15,16th August 2015 (LOTUS)
Great stuff Danny. They did have about 5 rooms in my name ( which anyone can use) when I checked last weekend. So worth another phone call perhaps?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Thanks Chris, I called them again and yes you still have 3 rooms left allocated to you.
However, 2 of those are twin rooms and the third is a triple room (all single beds).
So I decided to stay with my internal double room.

Look forward to the event!
Daniel.
Just to update everyone on this, the restaurant is pretty much booked out for the DOC on Friday and Saturday night so no need to pre-book (unless you wish to) Full details of the event will be placed on this thread nearer the time and sent out in a newsletter to club members. Chris Parnham will have copies of his (and Andy's) new book available to purchase and view at the event, you can even get it signed by the authors as well!
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

As mentioned before if people want to come along just for the day(s) and not stay at the hotel then that is not a problem, likewise same for the evenings but please inform the hotel so they can book the tables. The more people the better and the more cars the better. PLEASE DONT THINK that this event is just for club members or DeLorean car owners. Any new/prospective owners are more than welcome to come along ask questions, look at the cars see how they work/sit in one and get to know more about them. Even if you just wish to pop along for a day visit your more than welcome.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Glad to report there will be 4 of us coming from Belast for the weekend, managed to book the last two double rooms leaving only the tripple room under Chris P's name.

Looking forward to the weekend, certainly one to remember and if the DeLorean gods shine in my favour 1780 might make a special guest appearance and get a lap of the Lotus track Smile
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
Thats great new David, looking forward to seing you, Thomas and the other two fella's from across the water.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
About time I showed my face at an event, we are all looking forward to it and meeting everyone!!
The DeLorean DMC-12 - MADE IN BELFAST, MADE TO LAST
are there any alternative hotels nearby seeing as this one is now pretty much full?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I've just booked the last double room for Rachael and I (2 nights). They have confirmed that they have a premier twin (think that was TWO king size beds) for £85 and a few single rooms are left. Attleborough itself is 2/2.5miles away and has other hotels available should the event hotel run out of room by the time anyone else can make it.

Really looking forward to seeing all the old faces and all the new ones Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Quote:have a premier twin (think that was TWO king size beds)
Ooerr, wonder what that rooms used for :wink: :wink:
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Quote:are there any alternative hotels nearby seeing as this one is now pretty much full?
Short list of local hotels:

Alternative hotels in the Attleborough area for if the Breckland Lodge is full.

Aldecarr Hall Hotel
Aldecarr House, Attleborough Road, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 1LQ,
01953 453400 www.aldecarrhall.co.uk

Sherbourne House Hotel
8 Norwich Road, Attleborough,, Norfolk. NR17 2JX,
01953 454363 www.hotelinnnorfolk.co.uk

The Mulberry Tree
Attleborough Lodge, Station Road,, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 2AS,
01953 452124 www.the-mulberry-tree.co.uk

The Lodge, Bed & Breakfast
The Old Manse, Station Road,, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 2AS,
01953 457399 www.attleborough-b-and-b.co.uk

Griffin Hotel
19 Church Street, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 2AH
01953 452159 www.griffin-hotel.co.uk

Bluebell Barn Bed & Breakfast
Long Lane, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR16 2DF 01953 861386 www.bluebellbarnbandb.co.uk

This is just a small selection of alternative hotels in the area. Norwich city centre is only 15 miles away with lots of hotels available on the outskirts. Including large hotel chains such as Premier Inn, Travelodge, Best Western Etc all within 20 minutes of Attleborough.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just booked my place for Saturday night Big Grin
Was told that the Breckland had only one other single room and a handful of others so get in there quick guys!
Really looking forward to what should be a great weekend.
Vin: 4468
DOC No: 758
www.theportlandarms.co.uk
I have booked into the hotel. Hopefully circumstances will not conspire to prevent me attending as they did the last two years.
third time lucky hopefully Starglider!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just as an FYI, copy of part of a newsletter posted out late March to club members giving some more details of this event.:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Looks like this should be a great weekend with people coming from as far away as Japan,USA,Mainland Europe & Ireland. I think the Breckland Lodge is pretty much full (but worth a try) and I know there are people booked into other hotels in the area. If those who intend on doing the LOTUS factory tour can 'PM' Chris Parnham or myself to confirm how many are wishing to do this part then we would appreciate it.
Thanks
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
OK, for those who don't get the club magazines/newsletters hear is the final plan for our LOTUS-DMC weekend. Please remember all DeLorean owners/non owners/enthusiast's/interested parties are more than welcome to come along and it would be really great to see lots of owners at Duxford on the Sunday regardless of being club members or not.

DOC Summer Event 14th – 16th August 2015

Friday 14th August 2015:

We have booked the Breckland Lodge Hotel, London Road, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 1AY website: www.brecklandlodge.co.uk Telephone: 01953 455202
This hotel is conveniently located near the A11 and has allocated a large batch of rooms for us. The prices are (from) per night for a standard room are: Single £49.95, Double/twin: £65.00 Family: £68.00. Deluxe rooms are available for a small premium. Please note that this price is room only. A carvery meal will be available every evening with the price for a two course meal being £8.95 per person on the Friday and £11.35 on the Saturday. If dining at Breckland Lodge Friday and/or Saturday, please pre-book so they can allocate tables for us. It’s a very popular restaurant so gets booked up!
To book please call The Breckland Lodge ASAP on 01953 455202 quoting either DeLorean Owners Club or ‘Chris Parnham’ as the booking reference. Alternate accommodation if the Breckland Lodge has no rooms that are suitable, or is as expected sold out:

Aldecarr Hall Hotel
Aldecarr House, Attleborough Road, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 1LQ,
01953 453400 www.aldecarrhall.co.uk
Sherbourne House Hotel
8 Norwich Road, Attleborough,, Norfolk. NR17 2JX,
01953 454363 www.hotelinnnorfolk.co.uk
The Mulberry Tree
Attleborough Lodge, Station Road,, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 2AS,
01953 452124 www.the-mulberry-tree.co.uk
The Lodge, Bed & Breakfast
The Old Manse, Station Road,, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 2AS,
01953 457399 www.attleborough-b-and-b.co.uk
Griffin Hotel
19 Church Street, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 2AH
01953 452159 www.griffin-hotel.co.uk

This is just a small selection of alternative hotels in the area. Norwich city centre is only 15 miles away with lots of hotels available on the outskirts. Including large hotel chains such as Premier Inn, Travelodge, Best Western Etc all within 20 minutes of Attleborough.

Saturday 15th August:
Visit to LOTUS at Hethel Nr Norwich. Factory tour to Start at 11am Approx 12 miles from the hotel, about 15 minutes driving time.
Factory tour to include:
Welcome and Refreshments. Introduction to the history of Lotus, Chassis assembly, Body Bonding, Paint overview, Final Assembly, Quality check and buy-off. Tour of the classic team Lotus race shop, history and technical significance of cars displayed. The team Lotus archive, the classic team Lotus merchandising collection.
This tour will cost £69.00 per person (kids FOC) Followed by (if required) 3 parade laps around the test track (DeLoreans only) this will cost an extra £11.00 per car. Under 8 are not ‘officially’ allowed around the test track. So for two adults to do the factory tour and laps around the test track the cost will be £149.00. Unfortunately this cost is out of our control, we have been given a discounted rate for the day as it is.
It is really important that we get accurate numbers on the people wishing to attend and LOTUS require full payment a week before the event.
Please can you inform Chris Parnham ASAP that you wish to attend and arrange payment in advance with him. Chris can be contacted on: 07502 143433 or at: history@deloreans.co.uk
Evening meal (7.30-8pm) back at the hotel special guest speaker(s)!

Sunday 16th August:
Leisurely breakfast and check out of hotel, followed by a drive to IWM Duxford (Approx 50 miles/55 mins) IWM Duxford is Britain’s best-preserved Second World War airfield, with a fascinating history that dates back to the First World War. Its story reflects the landmark achievements made in aviation history. Historic buildings sit alongside striking contemporary exhibition halls, Airspace and the American Air Museum. Through the rich displays of iconic aircraft and the powerful stories of the men and women involved, shows the impact of aviation on the nature of war and on people’s lives.

With one of the finest collections of tanks, military vehicles and artillery, in our Land Warfare exhibition, we show how technological development impacts on war and conflict. Organised display parking within the museum complex (for DeLorean cars only) Normal museum parking is FOC. This is a huge museum at the side of the M11 (junction 10) approx 50 miles from the hotel heading south-westerly.
One free admission ticket per club member to the museum for the day, additional tickets available to purchase from the club at £12.00 each this is approx 33% discount on normal admission prices for any other adults. Children (age 5-15) are this year being charged at £6.00, again an approx discount of 33% under 5’s are still free of charge.
Entry to the museum: From M11 junction 10 the museum is immediately visible. For non DeLorean cars please use the main museum car park. For DeLorean cars do not use the main car park, drive past the main entrance passing a BP garage on your right. Take the next entrance on the left, this is signposted staff/RVP and is the main gatehouse/staff entrance. You will be directed from here. If you can purchase your entry tickets from me in advance that would be great, I will try and distribute the bulk of the tickets at LOTUS however I will be contactable on: 07915 673889 on the day. Maps/directions will be available.

If you want to just join us during the daytime and not stay at the hotel, then that is no problem at all and of course non-DeLorean owners are very welcome to come along and join the fun too. ALL club members and non members are very welcome to come along to any of the locations or perhaps you may just wish to join us for an evening meal (please pre-book with the hotel). Everyone is more than welcome you don’t have to own or have a roadworthy DeLorean to attend any of the club events.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584