Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay DeLorean
Nice Car on EBay already in the UK and ready to go...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELOREAN-DMC- ... 4d2026fe9c
I like to see more details or photo's of the chassis repair. The current owner doesn't seem that familiar with it. Nice spec though.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Ambitious price as it has damage to the rear panel by the fascia, front fascia is hanging away from the wings, front outer door seal is missing and a 'not perfect chassis'...
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I'm in the market for a DeLorean at the moment and have been looking for several years... I agree that this example is expensive considering the relatively high mileage and issues listed. I think I'll hold out for a more complete car.
VIN 05797
The Vin is: 5335, hopefully the seller will send me some pics of the chassis to post on hear. I suspect it will sell though supply and demand and all that.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Well this seems to be the going rate at the moment, even with the faults listed, the car is in the country ready to use with tax and MOT. The jobs can be addressed later.

Granted you will get a cheaper car overseas, but it's pretty much guaranteed that from the day you part with your money, it's going to be 3 months before it's here and everything is sorted to get it legal.

That will take us into winter when it's not as much fun as the summer months, no shows etc.

Project car or not, I don't think I could outlay any big money for something that's not physically in the country...
Front fascia wont take much sorting, just needs the middle straightening (an easy mod that most of
us have had to do), and lining up properly. I would suggest is probably wants new front shocks or
springs if its wallowy round corners. Again, not a massive job, and I'm sure a garage would have that
done in a few hours if you didnt fancy it yourself.

Parking ding? Nothing that Chris N couldnt sort out fairly cheaply.

This has the thin dealer side stripe, which is unusual, although I cant make out if it has the right bonnet
for its vin number or not.

Certainly worth making an offer around the £19-20k mark on, and enjoying for the rest of the summer imo.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I've just done a deal on a car in California,and this turns up 15 miles away! I think I'm getting a better car.The welding would put me off.
Some chassis pics the seller kindly sent to me. Odd modification to the front suspension. Sorry the pics are poor quality.
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584

Well, I like a challenge, but……I think i'd be only happy with a full body off, chassis restoration on that car. And as such, I would want it for a lot, lot less money...maximum of £10k.

Just my opinion of course.

As many of you know, I bought 'Flashy' blind….but if the chassis had turned out like that……I would have cried.

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian