Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignition Barrel Wanted
My Ignition Barrel seems to have collapsed and the key only goes in about 3/4 of the way. Can these be repaired or does anyone have one for sale? Believed to be Austin Rover CRC 3914.
If its possible to repair that would be great to use my original key...
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I retired my original key and had two keys cut with my key code.

One began to wear after years of use and finally broke off in my barrel. Had a local mobile auto lock smith work wonders the barrel and it works better now than when ever.

If you're ever near MK I can get the guy I used to sort you out (or if you want to post it I'll dig out his details)....
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
If CRC3914 is correct, Rimmer Broa have them in stock for £72 inc VAT.

Www.rimmerbros.co.uk.

Pic shows a different shaped key head though...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Chris Hawes Wrote:I retired my original key and had two keys cut with my key code.

One began to wear after years of use and finally broke off in my barrel. Had a local mobile auto lock smith work wonders the barrel and it works better now than when ever.

If you're ever near MK I can get the guy I used to sort you out (or if you want to post it I'll dig out his details)....

Hi Chris, I'm very interested to repair rather than replace and have 2 keys. must say its not a 33 year old key its a newish key but the original key code...
The barrel is off the car and I can post it no problem!
Many Thanks,
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
It'll be quicker and easier to deal direct:-

www.bancroftlocksmiths.co.uk

He was mobile and came out to me so it would be worth verifying that Google's address for him is still correct:-

Address: 54 Milecastle, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK13 0QN
Phone:01908 310079

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed