Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Club - Club together for a DMC Texas order
Hey folks,

I'm interested in starting a shopping list for the states. Anyone else interested in getting in on this?

I only want one part (which I cannot get from Ed in Holland) and i'm just simply not prepared to pay over £55 to have it shipped here! Utterly ridiculous!

I'm not sure how we can organise delivery of all delivered parts to their respective owners and split the costs, so if anyone has any idea? Maybe we could pay into the club bank account and have the club help out with the distribution or something, since home addresses are stored that way, I don't know?

Anyway, lets see if there are any takers....you know, just to help all of ourselves out a bit.

The part I want:

NAME PART(S)
Rissy "WINDOW SWITCH KIT (PAIR) - LED ILLUMINATION" (KIT) - K101177A
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Nice idea in principle matey, I've ordered a few bits over the years that have been disproportionately expensive on postage.

Perhaps we could arrange a monthly shopping list - i,.e everyone adds to a list which is purchased on the first of the month if there's enough takers.

As it happens I'm OK at the moment thoug, but recent purchases have been an angle drive (Special T) and a thermostat kit (Ed).
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I ordered a speedo a month back that still hasn't shipped (calibration is taking a while). I could try and add a switch to that order if you'd like.
we're saving up for a massive order from the US (headliners, door seals, window motors, etc), but
it will be a fair few months before we're in a position to order anything.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Chris, in your case, the ideal arrangement is to find someone from the UK that is going to DCS in June and have DMCMW bring it to the show and pass it over to your courier Smile

It's light and easy to transport.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
DMCH say they can include the switch if I order right now, the package is due to go out today. Rissy if you want it can you please confirm ASAP (I'll pay for it and you can reimburse me once it gets here).
Yup!

Go for it! Thanks Starglider! Just make sure it's the "kit". I need TWO switches. :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Rissy Wrote:Go for it! Thanks Starglider! Just make sure it's the "kit". I need TWO switches. :wink:

Done, they said it will ship today. I'll be at the club event in June, so could collect in person if you're coming.
Cheers Starglider.

I am going to Dorset in June, so that might be a good plan. If the order arrives a lot sooner however, I may still ask if you can post them out to me instead (since it might be nice to get them wired in ahead of Dorset). We'll take it as it comes for the time being. I can however, settle the reimbursement with you in June if that suits better than an electronic transfer.

Thanks again for that last minute inclusion, I really appreciate it. Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
great to know you are coming to Club event Starglider, will Auryn be coming too?

She looks so close to completion Smile
For future reference, instead of ordering from the DMC website, email Julee Swingle at DMC Midwest. The price will be the same but the customer service will be better, and she will be happy to arrange vanilla flavoured air mail and a jiffy bag for a little order like that :wink:
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
thats good to know, I speak to Julee quite a lot on Facebook, will be contacting her
when it comes to the big order we want to place Smile
Guinney1971 Wrote:great to know you are coming to Club event Starglider, will Auryn be coming too?

She looks so close to completion Smile

Sadly no, the car might be ready but I am pretty sure the DVLA paperwork (and possibly IVA if they insist) will take another month or so to come through.

I will try and get the TARDIS trailer done at least and bring it down there, should make for some amusing photo opportunities.
cool Big Grin
Bits have arrived

[Image: bits_zpsa8d98fc2.jpg]

Also a ton of SuperBrightLEDs for my trailer light clusters & TARDIS lighting, including the remote control flashy thing for the top signal light.