Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery Light
Hiya,

could it just be the alternator belt wants tightening up a bit?

Be darned unlucky if you're alternator has gone on top of the other niggles you've had Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
DeanMitchell.net Wrote:Please don't tell me the D's has gone at the same time????

No need to go to these extremes just yet. It sounds like the regulator has gone, or it might just be a wire come loose.

Take it to an auto electrics place that deals with alternators and starter motors and have them test it for you.

They may be able to replace the regulator, rectifier, bearings and bushes for a lot less than the cost of a new alternator....
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
i had a simlair problem but my battery light never came on which meant i took my d down the road and it died on me but thanks to ed uding and nick t it was the pcb bord on the back of the clocks that went faulty so i got a new one and it did work fine until some one took my car off me Sad but glen will be back hopefully if the light comes on if im right on saying this it triggers the anlaotor to charge were mine never came on so it drained all the power in the battrey

deloreanloss Sad
Hi I would advise you to check all earths.
It could also be your brushes are on their last legs.
Regards Paul O'Malley
DOC 253 South of Ireland Rep
or it could be the original 70 amp alternator that is not up to the job in the first place.

make sure your battery is decent too.

these are basics so any decent auto electrician can check

NickT.