Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is uroglas dead?
Hi all

i've been trying to contact uroglas and i think they may have gone.

website is dead.

bit of a mess really. i ordered my screen and had it delivered to a fitters in Tamworth.
(about a year ago) expecting them to do a mobile fit.
They then said they wanted the car in the workshop, but as i was working on it i asked them to store it for me which they said OK.
so now their number seems dead, the original supplier gone!.
i'm £250 out of pocket and no screen.

is anybody else remanufacturing these?.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I sure hope they haven't gone! I've just received a batch of windscreens from them - and need some of them replaced as they were broken in the crate!
I'll try and get hold of Martin - and I'll get a number for you to chase him on.

If all else fails - I believe Ed has some NOS windscreens...

Regards

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Uroglass supplied my windscreen on Flopsy - I drove up to their place (I think its in Bromsgrove) and picked it up - cost me £160 cash and then I paid AVG Windscreens in Stevenage £40+VAT to fit it Smile

I was gutted though because no one could supply the original 'early' screen with the aerial in it - Flopsy's screen was already broken when I bought the car.

I'll see if I can find any numbers/address/details for Uroglass, I've still got the invoice in my folder.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi

thanks all.

bit of a result....i managed to get hold of the company with my screen, and they said i can pick it up.

just hope its undamaged!.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I know their website has been down for a while now, any idea whats going on with them ?

Can you post their contact details Steve?
All,

I've caught up with Uroglass - and spoke to the boss...

They're still very much in business - but are having a new website put together - hence the website problems.

Anyone wanting to contact them can do so by phone, on 01527 577477 (Martin McCreedy) or via email to mm@uroglas.com

They will manufacture DeLorean windscreens to order (about 30 day wait if they're not in stock) for about £250 +VAT.

As I mentioned earlier - Ed in the Netherlands also has a fair few NOS ones too....so they're no shortage of supply!

Best wishes

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
hi Darren

i was always led to believe that the nos ones were de-laminating?

mine is an an early vin and i did ask Martin at uroglas is there anyway to reproduce the aerial but unfortunately not (or would be lots of £££).

Excellent however at £250 and good to see support for our cars.

the one part i've really had trouble with is the seat runner adjust bars. non anywhere. bought Esprit ones but they do not really fit without major modification.

so if you know of any of these NOS or something, please let me know.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370