Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
delorean testing
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND] Just had this photo of a d given me any idea whats happening
looks like mine, held together with gaffer tape :lol: I'm sure Chris/Barrie will be able to shed some light. Interesting picture with all those lights around it, does make you wonder what they are doing.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Given to me by a lady im fitting a kitchen for, out of a collection of her husbands, believes it was taken late 70's
the yellow prototype?

http://pjgrady.co.uk/GenericContent.asp ... _Hood.html
Simon Wood
DOC 748
VIN #11766
I think its on some sort of test bed
At a guess -

It's a body being prepped for crash testing. These typically involve slow-mo cameras to record it, which require much more light on the subject, which might explain the lights. I think this might be the early underbody crash test you can see with Mike Kimberly and JZD in the Pennebaker doc.

[Image: RQ0AkEC.png]

[Image: wqKnGvk.png]

In fact the equipment on the rear pontoon matches this stuff from the MIRA crash testing:

[Image: SbKKkggl.jpg]
Found another picture apparently her husband worked for a company developing a passive seat restrant which can be seen in this pic.
I dont think it worked very well.
Brian,

Im not sure what other pictures we have of the testing, ( I'm concentrating on editing the words) any chance we could use these in our book if required?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
HI Chris
These are the only 2 photos. The company involved in the development of the passive restraint were i think klippan, but as you can see from the second photo the restraint failed. The rig apparently was fired backwards to avoid destroying the car and allowing continuous tests to be carried out. Feel free to use any thing you want. Cheers Brian
Thanks very much Brian,

just finished writing about the seat belt suppliers!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian