Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making our forum private unless registered and signed in....
Its all water under the bridge now,

but in centred on some folk not wanting the DOC to change from the Norfolk hotel venue that I first organised in 2006. We went back again in 07 and 08, but many members wanted us to move around the country more. When we did, a "hardcore" started their own event and have kept going back to the same Hotel to Norfolk. Ive nothing against Norfolk, I love the place and even have a holiday home there, but I pretend its the easiest place to get to for many of our members.

The photo shows The Grand Dinner, where I got Barrie Wills and Stuart Craven to give us a talk. We later went to the Lotus factory and met Colin Spooner who was the "Main Man" in getting the car built at Lotus.

We all took it turns to drive around the Lotus test track. …..it was great, but after 3 years we had had enough.

Unfortunately the "hardcore" started their own internet group where they regularly "had a go" at the DOC ……it went downhill from there.

As I say its all water under the bridge now, but I guess new members are entitled to know how it all started and who set the seeds……Blame me in 2006!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
ah, so its all YOUR fault Chrispy lol :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Absolutely Claire. :oops:

On a happier note here are a few nice photos from our trips to Norfolk. All taken at Wells -Next-the -Sea. The best fish and chips in Norfolk!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
As you say 'water under the bridge' now, some people want to be internet only and they have a choice of forums both in the UK and worldwide but are just as welcome on the DOC forum as DMC talk forum. It's all about the car at the end of the day. If people want to join the club and receive all the magazines/newsletters/benefits that go with it then they can, clearly plenty do as membership continues to increase. BUT with an online digital age then things change, magazines become 'down-loadable' to e-readers and such like. None the less the more interest and cars back in the UK the better, with a couple of good (hopefully) programmes on TV this year it should really create a bit of a buzz.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584