Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean Convention Belgium 2014
We (the DeLorean Club Belgium) have no problem with the fact that people can't come over to our event (for whatever reason), but it would be nice to have some feedback on WHY you guys can't come over. Maybe too far? Maybe bad dates? Maybe too expensive? Who knows ... That way we would have some positive or negative feedback from you guys (and other countries) and keep that in mind for maybe a next edition ...

By the way, I'm in the same 'boat' as some of you guys: we have a little boy who's just turned 1 AND I'm busy working at our house in weekends (I've done new plumming, new electricity, new roof, new windows, we don't have a kitchen, bathroom nor bedrooms at the moment ... the list goes on). So the little time I have left goes to my wife and - when I'm lucky - an event with the DeLorean (or our Renault 11 if the wife and little boy wanna go to).

Organising an event like this takes a lot of time (especially Frederik's time to be honest), so it would be nice if we could have some feedback about this ...

Best Regards
The DCB-14 organisation
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Andy Wrote:but it would be nice to have some feedback on WHY you guys can't come over. Maybe too far? Maybe bad dates? Maybe too expensive?

My car probably won't be road legal by then, also it would be very hard to get away from work at the moment because I am already using all my free days to work on the car. Maybe another year.
Quote:Maybe too far? Maybe bad dates? Maybe too expensive? Who knows ... That way we would have some positive or negative feedback from you guys (and other countries) and keep that in mind for maybe a next edition ...
I would not have thought there were any specifics (I thought a couple of people were coming from the UK?) I guess as you suggest cost/time/family/work plus a load of other things. I would love to come along, the more the better as far as I'm concerned! I don't think it's that people don't want to it's just difficult to justify it. We have had our yearly event and for the last few years has only been attended mainly by UK owners, Though Welmod came to Chirk I think. I know you (and plenty other's have attended our Norfolk events before they were taken over) have made the effort to come over in the past (and we appreciate it) but I suppose the same reasons apply why no one has attended since? I guess everyone is just to busy and perhaps saving money to make the trip to the next Eurofest perhaps. As I say I'm sure it's not a case of don't want to just to many other things going on Sad
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
We have indeed 2 people (with 1 DeLorean) from the UK who are coming over to Belgium. We have (at time of writing) people from Holland, Germany and the UK coming over. Also Joe Murray and Neal Barclay (who doesn't know them?) have booked again for the event, which is great offcourse!

In 2012 ( for DCB-12 ) we had 22 DeLoreans on saturday afternoon, which is - for a small country as Belgium - a great achievement and a personal record for the club! This year, it doesn't look like we will be matching that number again ; no matter though, we'll be having fun anyway (Belgian style!) :wink: with everybody who's allready registered ...

Like I said, we don't mind that people can't make it to Belgium for whatever reason (I'm in the same 'boat', remember), but it's a bit 'frustrating' that nobody (also from the other countries) tells us why they can't make it so that we can make 'improvements' if we decide to do a next event.

I hope I make a bit of sence with this?

Best Regards
The DCB-14 organisation
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu