Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC 2013 15/16 &17th November 2013 Inc AGM
Finally everyone has been given the stand allocation plans for this event. As ever we have been fortunate to secure a stand and as ever I/we/the club are looking for keen volunteers to provide vehicles/time & man/lady power for the weekend.
The stand is only 6m x 12m so probably only big enough for two cars. Any one up for providing a car?? or providing time for manning the stand. I'm sure those who have been before will tell, it's a good weekend but a long weekend. Stand set up on Thursday and then 3 long days for the show as well as removal of the stand on the Sunday after the show. Clearly I'm not asking for volunteers for the whole event (if you can that will be great) but any help it great.
Remember no charity collections/profit making is allowed (and they are very strict about this this year.)
Thanks everyone.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
You can put me down as usual Chris,

.....before I go volunteering Flashy / :oops: vin 522, lets see what you all think of her next week! ..thats providing my road testing goes ok.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I might also be able to bring 4494 along if needed Smile Currently trying to work out my scheduling for work related travel in November though, so can't commit yet!
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
at the moment, I cant commit to this year's NEC, as new baby will only be about 3-4 months
old, but I'm sure we'll be able to come along one day and see everyone and help out on the
stand for a bit.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
After last year, I think i'm gonna book into the hotel and come and help out again if required. I'm not sure if it will be just me or weather I will have company as Leanne is due a baby on 6th January 2014 so she will be pretty much wiped out by that I expect.

Enjoyed last year though!

Anyone thinking about showing their car then be assured it is not as daunting as it seems. Almost everyone who came into contact with it had upmost of respect and I found that most were better behaved than if at a local car show, which can be swoon with local halfheads who think they own every car on show.

Looking forward to it....Chris, have we got a BTTF Replica lined up or do we just want stock cars this year?

Regards

Mr P
I'd be happy to attend, assuming AURYN is completed on schedule (September). My car is right hand drive and twin turbocharged, so if used it should be next to a stock DMC-12 for comparison.
Advert for discounted entry tickets in now in the 'members' only section of the forum and will be in the next club magazine.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
'PM; sent Steven.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
The DeLorean Owners Club (UK) Notice of Annual General Meeting.
To Be Held At The National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham on Sunday the
17th November 2013 at 3.30pm, Meet at the DOC Club Stand.

Agenda

• Elect a chairperson for the meeting
• Apologies
• Agree the minutes of the last AGM
• Receive an annual report from the (Acting) Membership Secretary
• Receive an annual report from the Club Treasurer
• Receive an annual report from the Regalia Secretary
• Vote in the Club Officials for the forthcoming year

The Following Club Officials are Standing for Election/Re-election;

• Membership Secretary; Vacant (Chris Williams standing as Secretary)
• Club Treasurer; Claire Usher
• Magazine Editor; Eddie Tindall
• Regalia Secretary; Mary Hooper
• Technical Advisor; Richard Hutchinson
• Forum Administrator; Richard Hutchinson
• Club Historian; Chris Parnham
• Web Editor; Eddie Tindall

Should any club member wish to put themselves forward for any of the above positions then they should be proposed and seconded in writing to the membership secretary by the 17th October 2013. A full list of candidates will be published on the DOC forum at least 20 days before the AGM. If there is more than one candidate standing for any of the above positions then a full list will be sent to members along with a postal voting slip by the 1st November 2013.
In the event of there being no other candidates for the above committee positions, no postal voting slips will be issued due to the very high costs involved. Any member who is unable to attend the AGM may vote by post either for or against the candidates, to the membership secretary at least 3 days prior to the AGM. Only 1 vote either via post or in person at the AGM is allowed per member.

• A.O.B

Please Note
Should any member who is unable to attend in person have any suggestions and/or comments that they would like to be raised and/or discussed at the AGM, then please feel free to contact me (Chris Williams). I will ensure that these will be raised at the AGM on your behalf. Please also add your name and club membership number.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Quote:Should any club member wish to put themselves forward for any of the above positions then they should be proposed and seconded in writing to the membership secretary by the 17th October 2013.
As there are no other applications for the above then the list is per the above!

Please note the below, any suggestions please send them in, it's your club lets have your comments

Please Note
Should any member who is unable to attend in person have any suggestions and/or comments that they would like to be raised and/or discussed at the AGM, then please feel free to contact me (Chris Williams). I will ensure that these will be raised at the AGM on your behalf. Please also add your name and club membership number.

Thanks
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Well it's only just 2 weeks to go to the top classic car show in the UK, it will be great to meet up with friends old and new so please pop along and say hello and introduce yourself.
If any one fancy's helping out on the stand either with building the stand on the Thursday/dismantling on the Sunday and/or manning the stand at any time during the weekend, then your help will be very much appreciated. If you can please drop me a 'PM' or text/phone.
Thanks
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Wanted to come, but unfortunately I have to go to a niece-in-law's christening in Germany that weekend.
Anyone there around mid-day on Friday can have a complementary glass of "shampoo" (or orange juice) and nibbles, that will be out for a mini press conference…..
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
rats, cant make it, as thats when I drop Kez off at school Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Chris Williams Wrote:Finally everyone has been given the stand allocation plans for this event. As ever we have been fortunate to secure a stand and as ever I/we/the club are looking for keen volunteers to provide vehicles/time & man/lady power for the weekend.
The stand is only 6m x 12m so probably only big enough for two cars. Any one up for providing a car?? or providing time for manning the stand. I'm sure those who have been before will tell, it's a good weekend but a long weekend. Stand set up on Thursday and then 3 long days for the show as well as removal of the stand on the Sunday after the show. Clearly I'm not asking for volunteers for the whole event (if you can that will be great) but any help it great.
Remember no charity collections/profit making is allowed (and they are very strict about this this year.)
Thanks everyone.
Chris

Hi. New to the site. Attended York earlier this year. Great time had to, made very welcome. Have two Deloreans. One has just under 4000miles and all original. Second one has suffered frontal damage which I am preparing to repair. Need parts, wings, oil cooler, air con radiator, etc. Anyway, if it is helpful, I can attend the NEC and show my car if you would like me to. Probably do the 3 days as well. Oh, just bought number plate off DVLR..... DOO88S... How good is that. That will go on the repaired DeLorean which appeared in sound and profile in American Dad the DeLorean episode.
I live 8 miles from the NEC which makes it so convenient. Bob Aug 81.. 3225. Mobile 07435971799