(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:Having a mouth does not always mean one has to speak
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Chris, don't take the comments personally, at the end of the day it is only someones opinion.

As long as your car is presented in a fashion that suits your own personal tastes, that's all that matters. We're not here to please other people.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
All i know is, that i was being asked to post photos up of my wheels with the white lettering paint i'd applied, to see what it looked like. So i obliged. If i knew i was leaving myself open to criticism, then i wouldn't have bothered. In this sort of case, i come from a background bringing up that if you can't say anything nice, then you don't say anything at all. If i could take down my pictures again now, then i would. But i can't. I'll certainly think twice about putting any pictures up in the future for anything i've done, and just keep it to myself instead.

I never criticise anyone's car on here, as i've become aware from years of being part of this forum and the club, that this forum doesn't operate in the same traditional manner of slagging everyone off at every opportunity, the same as you get with other forums. It's a reason that im here. Sensitive or not.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
MikeWard Wrote:
Rissy Wrote:Having a mouth does not always mean one has to speak
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Chris, don't take the comments personally, at the end of the day it is only someones opinion.

As long as your car is presented in a fashion that suits your own personal tastes, that's all that matters. We're not here to please other people.

exactly! its only comment on an internet forum.
Incedentally, are tyre lettering pens basically like a tippex pen?

I've seen people doing them with white hammerite too, but would be wary of the effect this could have on the rubber. Can't decide whether to do mine or not...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich, this seems to be the UK equivalent of the gledi tyre paint I posted earlier. Since it's for painting repainting white wall tyres, it should be fine for doing a little bit of lettering.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250ml-mr-whit ... 35c6a27ac8

Edit - pinched from PH: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... Wall+tyres
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Incedentally, are tyre lettering pens basically like a tippex pen?

I've seen people doing them with white hammerite too, but would be wary of the effect this could have on the rubber. Can't decide whether to do mine or not...

This is the stuff I got...it's handy using a pen, for accuracy, and i found that if you over run etc, once its dried, you can use the back edge of a knife to scrape it off back to where you want. Easy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYRE-PAINT-TY ... 1e6a972075

(Just make sure not to paint the tyre dimension/classification credentials with them. Or fill in the manufacturer's name fully, only outlining. It's not worth the pain and aggravation) :roll:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Quote:I've seen people doing them with white hammerite too,
Shock well at least they should not rust! not sure if I would use Hammerite on tyres, all the solvents Etc in it.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584