Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please allow me to introduce myself....
Greetings!

I thought I'd join this merry band as I've always had a soft spot for the old DeLorean and I'm also a fan of the PRV engine. I'm a Volvo man at heart with a 960 as my daily driver, but I do have a B27E engined 262C (for sale at the mo) and a B280E engined 760GLE which I've converted to manual (believed to be the only B280E manual in the world). I thought I'd see what you folks are up to with regard to upping the power on the venerable PRV and if anyone has ideas specific to the EFI versions.

I've met a few of you before at the Belper Steam and Vintage Weekend (mysteriously held in Duffield!) last year and had a natter about various things. I've only one pic of the D's and it's not too good, but here it is anyway......
[Image: DMC%20resize.jpg]

Anyway, hopefully I can be of assistance to you with regard to Volvo knowledge and parts supply, and you to me with regards mods to the PRV.

TTFN
Life begins at 90 degrees....
Hi

And welcome to the forum !

( Maybe stick your name on your profile Smile )

Good choice of cars btw Smile
welcome Big Grin
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
welcome to the forum :wink:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Hiya,

I remember chatting to you last year at 'Duffield', it was very interesting what you were telling us about the Volvo PRV's and the differences between the B28/B280 engines Smile

I'm not sure if we'll be at the Belper Show again this year, as they've changed the rules on the ages of cars allowed, and it will mean that the DeLorean is way too young to attend Sad

Anyway, welcome to the forum, looks like it will be interesting trading PRV-info Smile

Cheers,
Claire
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I thought it was you, but wasn't entirely sure. Then again the number of female DeLorean owners in Derbyshire is probably quite low so logically it must have been you!!

It seems there are quite a few D owners in this part of the world. I seem to recall there's one in the Heanor area, one or two in Notts, yourself (out Wirksworth way If I recall?) and a chap in Allestree who came to look at a B280 engined 760 with LPG that I was selling. I see the odd one from time to time out on the roads (the last one I saw I deliberately overtook to give him the benefit of a B280E at full chat through a straight through boxed exhaust system - I hope he liked it!).

Anyway, thanks for the welcome from all of you and I look forward to being part of the community.
Life begins at 90 degrees....
it helps for when you get pulled over, if they say they have seen a delorean speeding or summut you have a come back when they say that theres not that many around, actually theres loads in this area
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Hi welcome to the forum!! Big Grin xx