Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic British Car Run, Disneyland Paris, 4th-7th July '13
I know I'm new here, so not quite sure about the rules about publicising events, but for the past few years, I have travelled on a 'Magical Mini Tour' to Disneyland Paris. Anyway, for 2013, they are widening the criteria for entrants to be any Classic British Car, so I thought it would be nice if there were some DeLoreans there too. I am aware that it is only a fortnight after the club's Yorkshire event, but that still mean no clash between the two events... I am negotiating with my dad about booking up tickets to go in my Mini (a modern take on a classic make, hoping it will become a classic in its own right in due course...).

Anyway, more info here. And if it is not my place to advertise events like this here, please get rid of this and I'll understand, but it has traditionally been a great event, and I would love to see other classic British marques (particularly the DeLorean) there!
Currently drive a 2007 Mini Clubman Cooper D; 88000 miles in 5yrs, 1 month...
dont worry about posting events, the more the merrier.

I wont be able to go, as I'll be about a week or so off of giving birth, but I'm sure some
of our other members will be interested.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
IIRC didn't Glen Hale do this one once???
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
This specific event has traditionally only been Minis before, but expanding to Classic British Cars now. Although I have noticed another thread on here about a Disneyland event back in 2010...
Chris Williams Wrote:IIRC didn't Glen Hale do this one once???
Chris

I know he talked about it at the NEC one year, dont know if he ever did it though
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Just thought I might post a link to their Facebook page and their timetable for the long weekend:

Quote:New for 2013 the Classic Car British Weekend at Disneyland Paris. Click about for more information!
Description
4th - 7th July 2013 at Disnelyland® Paris

Take Europe’s number one theme park and the Classic Car Weekend and you have a winning combination. In July, the 1st Classic Car will take place at Disneyland® Paris, where proud Classic Car owners can display their cars to be admired by many fans from, around Europe. And where better to reflect after an enjoyable day than in Disney® Village, using the i...ncluded discounted food and drink vouchers.

Featuring:
British Rock & Pop Tribute Acts
Tribute to British Cars
Opportunities to meet your favourite Disney® characters
Europe’s #1 Theme Park

Suggested Itinerary:
Day 1 – The Disney Drive
Depart Dover to Calais on your selected ferry and enjoy the leisurely drive down to your chosen hotel at Disneyland® Paris. A Welcome meeting to follow in early evening, to meet the Greatdays team and to collect your welcome pack and souvenir t-shirt.

Day 2 – Enjoy all things Disney®
Full day to explore the two Disney® parks and join in the spectacular 20th Anniversary celebratiions.. Join us for ‘Happy Hour’ at King Ludwig’s Castle Bar & Restaurant, giving you the chance to meet up with other Classic car enthusiasts. The evening entertainment starts from 9pm at Billy Bob’s Saloon Bar, featuring a live British tribute band.

Day 3 – Car Meet and Chateau Run
The car Meet today will showcase all of the magnificent Classics in Disney® for everyone to see. There will be an award ceremony presenting prizes to the deserving winners. Following the presentation we will begin the Chateau run, where after a short drive you will get photo opportunities at the Chateau and free time to explore the grounds.
A late optional afternoon get together is planned at Planet Hollywood® for a ‘Mini Feast’ and celebration cake. The final evening entertainment will begin again at Billy Bob’s Saloon Bar, where you will be able to see another performance from a live British tribute band.

Day 4 – Homeward Bound
Drive back to Calais for your ferry to Dover and home.

Prices from £212.

For further information and bookings contact Caroline at Greatdays Holidays.
Hoping to go in my Mini, quite excited already at the thought of going!
Just wanted to highlight that I am now booked up for this...