Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Cam Shafts and Stage 2 Engines
Hi Mike,

First off I dont want to worry anyone. I think Claire's was the only one that failed on a car, and that was a prototype hose. However the one I pulled apart was done in a vice and me giving it a short, sharp tug. I dont expect them to fail.

The ones I tried were from the very last batch that was made. They have no banding on them. They are the hard themoplastic type.

The Injector hoses have SAE100 R7 I.D 3/16" W.P 3000 PSI 2105 0186

I have 3 complete sets here that I will willingly swap out any of the hoses for people.

Dan
Hiya,

it is fair to say that Flopsy was the 'guinea pig' for a lot of stuff that DMUK were trying out. She also had the first DMUK 'remote wing' system in 2003, a system which changed over the years. (Flopsy's is gradually packing up bit by bit now anyway Sad )

I've attached pics of the offending hose from my car to try and show what happened. Basically it was at the Belper Show last year, Rich and I were looking at a few bits at the back of the car because it wasnt running right and we suddendly noticed a fine spray of petrol coming from the CPR hose (where the banjo fitting goes into the crimped end) - which was right above a nice hot LH exhaust manifold. Shock

Thankfully, Chrispy was in and had a replacement hose, so Rich went off to do battle with the traffic, and went to Chrispy's to fetch it, then came back and fitted it onto Flopsy. If we hadnt have spotted it, then there is a good chance that Flopsy could have burst into flames on the way home.

When I get the chance, I will be removing all the 'new' fuel hoses from my car and putting stock ones back on it. In fact, if anyone's got a set they'd like to exchange for cash, and are coming to Eurotec, then let me know and I'll have them off you.

[Image: cprhose1.jpg]

[Image: cprhose2.jpg]

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Claire,

Thanks for posting the picture, It's the same as the one I have here. The Banjo Barb has come completely out of the swaged fitting.

I have spoken to Mike and I'm bringing the last 3 sets to Eurotech with me. If anyone has these hoses fitted I will willingly inspect them and replace any that need to be replaced.

Dan
cheers Dan,

I dont wish to frighten anyone who has similar hoses to these fitted to their cars with the tale of what happened to Flopsy, but I think it might be worth people just checking their fuel hoses to make sure they are secure.

Seeya in a few weeks Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie