Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carfest 2013
Ok

A big thankyou to Darren for organising this event again. The event was so much bigger this year with TV coverage etc and it is plainly obvious that next year will be better still. I urge you all to consider going if Darren does this again in 2014. It is a thankless task organising events , as many of you know, so well done Darren.........and all the organisers of Delorean events throughout the year. Which brings me nicely to another plea. As you are all aware Eddie did a rather large spread of my ramblings in the Delorean mag, which I was surprised at the amount of content ( I have to admit I was ashamedly flattered ). It also was the 60th issue which co-insided with my 60 th bithday! What a momento and hey.........I know I don't look 60......more like 70 Smile
I personally think that Eddie does a great job with the mag and it's looks. It's really classy. So to my plea. I guess that I had such a big spread cos Eddie needs more content from you guys. I don't want to read about what I've done. I want to read about what YOU have done. It might be trivial but who cares. I want to read about it ! So come on, please write in !!. If you don't then I'm going to threaten you with some more of my boll..ks and you don't want that ! So come on. Let's hear it. And some pics of you and your D would be nice.

OK, I'm getting off my soapbox in a minute. Just one more thing. How about a self imposed ban on all things BTTF on the forum for 6 months. I'm sick of it, don't know about you! Lets talk about Deloreans, that'll be nice Smile)

Brian age 60 Sad
well said Brian, and hopefully next year, with my girls being a bit older (well one will still be a baby),
we might be able to attend one of the Carfest events.

I too urge people to put finger to keyboard or pen to paper and send stuff in for the mag, anything
DeLorean related is of interest and worthy of inclusion.

BTTF ban, now there's an idea - I for one had never seen the film when I bought my car in 2002 !!

Claire (now aged 42 Wink )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:DeLorean Mexican wave!! cool !!!
Are there photos or video footage of this? This sounds cool...
Currently drive a 2007 Mini Clubman Cooper D; 88000 miles in 5yrs, 1 month...