Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A mixed bag of problems.......
Pump does not sit at the bottom, it connects to a pipe that connects to a filter that sits at the bottom of the tank. This video by MartinG explains far better than I can!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vCAG2IUb3E

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks Claire... thats reassured me a little till the weekend!

And Chris, I have seen this video before in the past.

I will see how it performs with 2 fresh gallons on the weekend and if its still spluttering i will have the pump back out....

Just to clarify though, nothing i have done to the heater box in the car would affect the running of the car?

Cheers!

Mr P
Quote:Just to clarify though, nothing i have done to the heater box in the car would affect the running of the car?
Would not have thought so (though Rich may be the best to comment) only thing I would have thought of is a vacume leak from one of the vacume pipes perhaps. May be worth double checking the all fitted properly?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Ok.... So we are all back together!

With 2 gallans of fresh petrol she ran fine so no issues there....

Heater box is functioning as it should...

Centre console all back together with working rear screen demister, windows and fog light....

All A/C panel illuminating as it should, as is the binnacle...

Door Ajar light now working... The bulb had gone black and blown...

Just exterior coolant leaks to sort now.... I will get her on the ramp next week and trace all those and try to tighten the hose clamps a bit.....

Stereo and Bluetooth kit also back in and working.... Front vents are a pain to get beck in with them rubbers...

I have a 3.5mm socket to fit somewhere for an auxilary audio input so everythings loose to aid that... but as you will see its pretty much back to normal....

Gotta re-gas that aircon too and make sure the a/c accumulator wires and hoses are not riding too close to the upper swinging arm on the passenger side. Because the pipes off the evaporator were differently shaped, that was the only place I could see any difference in the refitting of the accumulator... May have to use some cable ties somewhere...

I have 4 x Drive Shaft Boots to fit too... One was torn for last years mot so I will replace the lot.....

Oil Change, New coolant and we are ready for the year!

Some images of the refit.... the outside looks well grotty as its not been cleaned since it came back for the NEC last november... it hasnt been washed for about 18 months before that believe it or not!

Thanks for following everyone, alls well that ends well...

I still have that big box of old parts if anyones interested!

Mr P xxxx

[Image: IMG319_zps0dd43ac8.jpg?t=1364149090]
[Image: IMG320_zps1aea0c11.jpg?t=1364149071]
[Image: IMG321_zpsad550d41.jpg?t=1364149056]
[Image: IMG322_zps13636ebd.jpg?t=1364149041]
[Image: IMG323_zps49a963bd.jpg?t=1364149018]
[Image: IMG324_zpsab8ef1c5.jpg?t=1364148999]
[Image: IMG325_zps37b05f52.jpg?t=1364148980]
great work there Ben, you should be very proud of what you've achieved here Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie