Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.7 or 2.8 fuel metering unit?
Just picked up a bargain off ebay, basically the whole injection system and distributor off a Volvo 260 for spares (only£25), and not sure which engine its off-fuel distributor is Bosch 0438 100 035, distributor is part number 0237 402 013- on the metering manifold it has a vacuum intake and a blanked off plug, reading through the various data supplied its fitted to both 2.7 & 2.8 engines.
Any ideas? 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Good buy (shame I missed it) should bolt streight on, be worth getting the metering head re-cond though. The air intake part will be about 1cm wider (internal size) than a DeLorean and is a much better part to let air in the engine.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
three words Brian................... You Jammy Sod !! lol

Good find there mate 8)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Its amazing what you can find on the bay if using the right search criteria Claire-got a brand new(old stock)Volvo waterpump-the bolt on pulley type-for £7.80, p&p was a bit expensive at £3.50!
I'm reconditioning the fuel distributor and possibly using the new throttle assembly as well-it even has the original plastic caps over the adjusting screws and the mixture adjustment is still sealed, hopefully its not faulty and was slung in favour of a replacement........... 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Fit the ignition distributor, set advance to 11 degrees. Fit fuel metering head and intake "flap". Re-plumb DeLorean CPR to always "see" engine vacuum and set CO to 2%. You MUST remove your cat converter to use this metering head.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Thanks,I'll do that on re-assembly shortly-my car was de-catted years back, I've just dismantled the unit and apart from being covered in surface oxidisation the internals were remarkably clean-only the metering unit drop valve thingy was stuck, possibly due to petrol residue. Left it soaking in petrol overnight so hopefully it'll free off. 8)
There's a very good chance you won't be able to put it back together without it leaking, they're famous for that.

I free off stuck plungers by putting it in the oven (after removing the ppr o rings). 10 mins at 150 does the trick
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Wifes not going to be happy with the metering unit cooking with the roasties...........but I may give it a try with the 'scientific' explanation! Let you know how I get on! 8) :lol:
It worked though didn't it Mart.
Polly will never know :wink:
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
Cooking metering units to make the valve drop out really works! Nice tip! 8) :lol: