Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washer Pump
Hi All,

both Sorbet and Flopsy need new washer pumps, but I cant remember what they X-Ref to in Halfords, etc.

Can anyone advise?

Might buy a few of them, Flopsy's fails every year!

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Best bet Claire is to bring your old one with you when you go in, I did this and was able to get the new one matched in a few seconds once I had it in my hand.

It is the only one on the shelf that looks like the old one, all the others are too small and the wrong shape.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Halfords HWP17

Cheaper elsewhere tho.

Mine annually died too but finally figured out why. Firstly, drill several largish holes in the bottom of the cowling, and make sure the seal on the bottle itself is clean and free from grit. Test with some water and check if it drips.

Mine had trouble with crap getting in and blocking up the tiny drain hole in the bottom of the cowling, and the bottle itself leaked very slowly, and it filled up the cowling and drowned the motor from the outside.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
all sorted, nippied down to Romac in Belper with Sorbet's old one - although the conversation was along the lines of:

"what car's it off?"
"DeLorean"
"oh, wont have one of those in stock"
"its a standard part - here"
"ah, right..(rumages through the few they have)...got 2 left - I've got a mate called Rich with a DeLorean in Heanor"

He did us a deal on the 2 pumps, and they were alot cheaper then Halfords.

Phill's worked out why they fail, the whole thing sits inside a black box, which although has drain holes, they are small and get clogged up. We're gonna make the holes bigger, so hopefully the box wont fill up with gritty black water, thus leaving the pump drier and hopefully abit more long lasting. Flopsy's was brand new for the MOT last May, it packed up about 6 months later.

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie