Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
don't you just hate that!
braved the cold in the garage, fitted my new door handle...and now the door does not latch atall!!!.

push shut, springs up again. do i need to adjust the cable (if you can) as maybe the cable is 'pulled' so the latch thinks the door needs to open?

luckily i left that old knackered gas strut on so the door droops down (to help me change the window regulator)

lubricated the mechanism, but no good. left to try another day.

i still can't quite sus out the interior door handle removal, the bolts look a sod to get to as well as the horizontal screws.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
hi steve

i done my last weekend with a friend trust me it took all of one day to get the door to fit right

do thry slide into place right or do they knock as they close if so e mail off line and i will pop round and help you of you want
Steve, you have a relatively early vin car. The problem is the cable to the handle is too short and they lenthened it on later cars. Don't panic though. What you've done is in the process of fitting the new handle, you've kinked the inner cable at the handle end. I recommend removing the cable (careful with your flesh on the stainless!) and attacking it with plenty of lube, and make sure to straiten the inner cable.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
hi

thanx all.

i left the inner door skin off, so is easy to remove the handle again and take another look.

just got too cold...and sometimes best to walk away and come back to.

thanx Glen for the offer....you may be surprised the state of my car at the moment!.

the door shuts fine ok and does not bounce on the latch (if any door this try flipping the mechanism with a screw driver.)

so i can hold it shut.

its like all the jobs i've done, allow a few hours and can turn into weeks.

one of the worst was the front lights......thought i'd swap for the uk spec...

take 3 hours?

the light buckets were shot, the brackets behind shot, mouse house behind grill, mouse had eaten the headlight wires, so off with the bonnet (brackets fell to bits), off with the washer bottle cover, all screws drilled out with a flexi drill extension, off with the front fascia (bolts spun in resin), grille all fixings shot, front spoiler bolts rusty.
this took months altogether!
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370