Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N/S/F wing repair
Can anyone help.I'm repairing a n/s/f wing,I've managed to get it back into shape but I need a bastard file and a blending in pad.If anyone can recommend either one it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
if you need to know what you need drop an e-mail to Chris N at pj grady im sure he will advise, oh and good luck TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi Martyn,

You can get the file from any good hardware shop. B&Q etc do them. However make sure you ONLY use that file on stainless.

Blending pads you can get from any bodyshop. Painters use them for body prep.

Whos NSF are you repairing anyway mate ?
Cheers TT Smile
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
Hi Dan
The wing was the one in the workshop given to me by Martin Wilkinson,which was nice of him.
Thanks for the info on the file and pad.
Now the wing is back in shape I will finish it off 8) .
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
Any Photos Mate ? What are you doing about the split in it ?
Flopsy's nsf wing is split just above the moulding by the driver's door, Chris N said he'd have to weld it as well as reshaping the panel.

I've been meaning to get Flopsy down to Grady's for months, but havent been able to spare the cash lately. Those of you that have seen Flopsy, know that every panel is damaged on the car. Sad

If I can raise the cash, I'd like to have her finished in time for the Eurotech event (2007, not 2008 Big Grin)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I would put some pictures on but haven't got a clue how to do it.
Are just have to bring it to Eurotec in June.
A local fabricator has had a look and said it wont be a problem to weld.
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
Good mate, Just make sure the you dont heat it too much otherwise it will discolour and you may have problems removing it.
Martyn Wrote:I would put some pictures on but haven't got a clue how to do it.
Are just have to bring it to Eurotec in June.
A local fabricator has had a look and said it wont be a problem to weld.
Be careful,stainless has the tendancy to warp quite badly when welded i had a roof panel done and it ruined it(not chris N) so i had to get a new one cheers Tony TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi Martyn,

We'll happily help you finish the panel off - once you've straightened it out, etc. Like all panels, it is salvageable - but if you're able to improve it as much as you can - any repair after than will be cheaper (less labour).

We can help you with blending pads, etc too - but sounds like the welding, etc needs to happen first.
As Tony says - be cafeful with the welder - it is standard grade 304 stainless - but it warps pretty quickly under heat - and if your guy uses the wrong grade welding rod - it'll look pretty bad. Chris N doesn't use 304 rods to weld 304 grade sheets - I'll have to check what he uses...

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk