Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Membership Price Increase from 1st March 2007
Hi All

After reviewing the situation with regards to renewals / new membership fees and costs associated with producing the 4 DOC magazines each year, flyers, membership cards, car stickers and other expenses etc it is regretable to inform you that the annual membership fee will rise on the 1 March 2007 to £25 for UK based members. I am informed that the current membership fee of £20 was set in 1998 when the magazine etc was nothing like on the scale it is now, although the club has managed to keep the cost the same for all this time, to maintain this 'quality' an increase is necessary. Especially now we have increased costs in hosting this forum and soon to be revamped website. Please be aware that there is also a £1 fee to cover paypal charges should you wish to pay this way.

I will be sending out reminders to all who's membership has expired regarding this increase.

We thank you for your continuing support and if you have any questions please fire away Smile
Thanks for that Mike.

To be honest I'd pay £50 p/a! It's well worth it.
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
Ok then... £25 for the Club and £25 for Mikes Car Fund Pot Smile Smile

To be honest after talking to lots of other clubs at the NEC and asking them what their members recieved for their cash.... £25 is still extreamly good 'value'.
It really is.

So if the UK price will be £25, what is the abroad price?
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
alexadams1 Wrote:It really is.

So if the UK price will be £25, what is the abroad price?

Still working it out, basically its the aditional postage costs (which have gone up)

All the new rates will appear on our website.

Not thinking of moving to Outermongolia are you ?? Smile
The club is still good value at £25 Mike.

The Sunbeam Rapier OC charge £23 a year (quarterly part colour mag like us), have about 500 members, and charge £2 extra for new members as a 'joining fee'. To be honest, I dont read the spots off 'Cut and Thrust' as much as I do 'DeLorean News' Smile

Postage, I know is an issue now, especially since the Royal Mail changed the way postage is charged in August 2006. Now, A4 sized envelopes cost more to send out then they did previously Sad

Keep up the good work! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:Not thinking of moving to Outermongolia are you ?? Smile
Somehow I dont think so Smile
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Claire Usher Wrote:To be honest, I dont read the spots off 'Cut and Thrust' as much as I do 'DeLorean News' Smile

Is that what their magazine is called ?... Well its a 'dynamic' name ...i will give them that Smile

Reminds me of 'Notting hill' with Huge Grant working for the 'Horse and Hound' Smile Smile
yeah, but the Rapiers were always supposed to be quite sporty for their time and had a long rallying pedigree - infact 2 women are currently doing the Peking to Paris rally in an old Series Rapier at the moment, and there are quite a few Rapiers still competing in classic rallies.

I have to confess, I feel a bit too young to be in the Rapier Club!! I'm not quite ready for the tweeds, warm beer and comfy shoes just yet!! :lol:

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
As i was doing some renewals the other night and was looking at the average age of our members... i thought "im getting too old for DeLoreans" Smile Smile
Hi Mike thanks for the update. Like others, I have no problem with that at all! For what you get as part of membership, £25 is incredibly good value. Its a small price to pay when you get to meet and mingle with such great cars and owners and everything else associated!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Quote:Its a small price to pay when you get to meet and mingle with such great cars and owners and everything else associated!

Actually thats a good point, why is it that every DMC owner is kind, considerate and happy? Smile
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Because they are all driving their dream car? I know thas my reason Big Grin Big Grin
tom
vin 7155
DOC372
Thats a good point Smile Smile Smile Smile
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Thats not a problem, As it's be pointed out, most car clubs (including some that I have belonged to) charge a lot more than the £20.00 the DOC charges. Well worth the money
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584