Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Show, Weston Nr Stevanage. 11th June 2011
I am emailing you to let you know about our transport themed summer picnic event coming up on the 11th June at Halls Green near Weston, Herts SG4 7DP

Please see below and attached.

We would be most grateful if you would inform your membership.

Kind regards ,

Alan Gower

Publicity Officer

Letchworth Garden City Classic and Vintage Car Club

PLEASE JOIN US ON SATURDAY 11th JUNE 2011.

In 2009 the Letchworth Garden City Classic & Vintage Car Club staged an event to celebrate its 20th Anniversary. The idyllic setting of Fairclough Hall Farm at Halls Green, Near Weston, Herts, SG4 7DP, saw upwards of 100 vehicles arrive for the ‘bring your own picnic’ afternoon.

Such was the success of this event that it was decided to follow it up in 2010 with a ‘coming of age’ picnic to mark the club’s 21st Anniversary. Bigger and better than the previous year, the number and diversity of vehicles increased, as did the trade and display stands.

Now in 2011 we are delighted to announce that our ‘Transport Picnic’ will be held at Fairclough Hall Farm on Saturday 11th June from 12 noon to 5pm. All types of classic and vintage vehicles will be welcome – cars, motorcycles, bicycles, tractors, military vehicles, etc.

We will particularly welcome attendance by single marque clubs and will endeavour to keep you together on the field if you give us advance notice that you are coming.

Entry on the day will be £5 per vehicle, with excess proceeds after club expenses being donated to a suitable charity of the Club Chairman’s choosing.

Bring your picnic, come and enjoy entertainment by a first class band, wander round the vehicles, quench your thirst at the real-ale bar, find a bargain on the stalls, have a go at the gentle but demanding car gymkhana, and make sure you treat yourself to a delicious cream tea.

For further details please see the club website: www.lgccvcc.co.uk

Or contact:
David Davis (Committee Chairman) on 01462 674347 or email d.p.davis@btinternet.com

Nick Salmon (Club Chairman) on 07831 805455 or email nicksalmon@tinyworld.co.uk

We look forward to welcoming you
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Mike and Mary might be up for this one, they don't live too far from there.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yes, I expect we will turn up to this event. The car has just passed its MOT in time for Belfast. Had problems with the lower ball joints, a fuel leak, radiator leak and windscreen wipers. All solved now, I hope!!

Mike
have a great time in Belfast, perhaps do a nice bit for the mag too? Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
The Hoopers Wrote:Yes, I expect we will turn up to this event. The car has just passed its MOT in time for Belfast. Had problems with the lower ball joints, a fuel leak, radiator leak and windscreen wipers. All solved now, I hope!!

Mike

I'll see you both in Belfast from Thursday afternoon. I'll see if i can't impress you both with some Korean language skills this time too! lol!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)