Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Show, Cheltenham, 9th July 2011
Dear Dave,

The cotswold classic car club is holding a display of car at the Midsummer fiesta, held in Montpellier park in the centre of Cheltenham on 9th July. This event has been held over the last 4 years and we as a club have provided a display of vehicles for the delight of members of the public. We have a great response about the cars and year on year have managed to increase our display area and this year we have a large area managing to display about 50 cars. Our intention this year is to lay on a History of Motoring with cars from 1904-1986 placing them in an age related line up so people can see how cars have progressed through the decade.

This brings me to the reason for this email, i was wondering if any of your members living around this area would like to take part in the day? It starts around 12 noon but due to the normal health and safety cars will have to be in place by 11am and the car display finishes at 4pm with trophies awarded to best of cars ect voted for by public and panel of judges. Car this year will include 1904 Daraque, 1920's Stanly steamers, 1933 Morgan (3wheeler), 1938 Morris 8, 1948 Bristol 400, 1967 Ford GT40 to name a few. If you know anyone interested in this event then please ask them to contact me at this email address or by phone, 07920164794 where i can give them more info on the day. they can also look at the web site for this event at www.midsummerfiesta.com where they will also see cars from last year.

many thanks for your time

Gordon Bowers

Chairman
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584