Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For sale at auction
I have nothing to do with this whatsoever, I'm just a fellow car enthusiast (different Marque) who saw it and thought it might be of interest to another enthusiast.

I hope these links work:

http://www.eddisons.com/pages/home_page ... dium=email

This one might not (I'd already logged in):

http://www.eddisons.com/pages/home_page ... alturl=101

Don't get too carried away, remember it's +30% of final bid price.

Hope it's of use to someone!
Interesting thanks for bringing this to our attention

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
No problem.

Out of interest, is it a known car or one you haven't seen before? Shame there isn't more info on it.
be good to know the vin number if possible, if its a RHD there's a good chance
that Dave Howarth or Chris Parnham will know something about it.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
It's the one from N.Wales 'Barmouth' car seems the owners hotel/pub has gone under Sad

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
hi

don't worry we know everything about this car!. vin 522 i think.

i have seen it and in a bad state.

i am pretty sick right know as i want to get back into DMC ownership and this car is perfect for me, but i work in the building trade and cannot splash out any money!.

it appeared in the rust in peace section of a well known car mag about 3-4 years ago. i already new of it but in the photo you could just make out a roof aerial ...and we know what that means!.
so i tracked down the photographer/location of car and went to a caravan site in Barmouth on spec!.

not there but finally tracked it down and the owner.

i thought it was original Wooler Hodec, and offered about £13k cash (and would have sold my LHD vin 1621)

he refused to sell.
it was parked over grass, about 300 yards from the welsh sea, laquered stainless (peeling in places), rusty fluted exhaust (one dropping off), very rusty jacking points, no fascias, no interior.

owner said to me he would sell for £30k yes £30k!!!

so i had to give up. Frustrating i want it but can't buy it!.

i reckon it needs a frame off resto (i would doubt the current comment about frame restoration is upto much, probably a skim over with por15!.

i always saw this one as having my name on it someday (like Phill and SPY100)

this car is not a wooler car, Dave H sat in it when it was LHD in about 85-86 and knows the owner.
As does i think Chris P.

The owner told me he paid £10 to have it converted to RHD, and it looks maybe Gerry Castle or other ex wooler staff with the rear truck lights.

it sometime has also had a rear shunt...how bad i do not know.

anyone want more info let me know, but i have not seen it for 3 years or so and looks like it got worse not better

Steve
ex vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
blimey Steve, sounds like a resto for someone brave!!

The auction ended yesterday, anyone know what it fetched and who bought it?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi

yes went for £10200+fees

so over £11k

i would have bid and bought it over that...i offered more than that 3 years ago.

i would do what work i could myself, as i had wanted this car for quite a while, Then Chris N to do the other bits.

is the earliest not-pilot car in UK?, bar ChrisP RHD?

i assume someone on the forums has bought it?

Steve
ex vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
You ought to have bid on it then Steve.

I must admit I thought the vin number of the Barmouth car was vin 752.....not 522, my mistake.

It will be interesting to find out what state it is in, there has been much speculation.
Incidentaly if you read the auction info carefully, the VAT was only payable on the 10% commision, so 10.2 = 11.4....still a lot for a project can, but cheap for a RHD project!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Chris

i had a feeling you were bidding, (maybe i could be the new Mystic Meg!).

When i saw it quite a bad way....did you know Des?.

i would have bid and you would have had a fight on your hands, however i work in the building trade, and our great government have currently put paid to making an honest living.

Hence i sold my LHD, and i had a V8 MG SVR prototype, which i have also sold.

Before i buy another D i have to finish off a kitchen!.

yes i did know that the VAT was on the commission, as with most 'official' auctions.

Des i think had loads of paperwork, so maybe he has the invoice for the conversion, which could be very interesting.

Also how it came to be....i would guess it never left the UK?, Des bought it in about 86 (and it had another owner before then). Also odd with the number plate being sij. Maybe it was from the factory auction?

i would be budgeting for a frame off resto (if it doesn't need it then its a bonus), but i can't see how a frame can be extensively worked on without body removal, if thats how bad it was.
as i said i also heard it had a rear end bump at sometime, but don't think it was too serious.

Dave H knows more about this car too i think.

Regards

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi Steve, sorry about the tight financial position you are in. Your not on your own there, lots of folk in the same boat.

I only had the one bid and I told various club memers what it was.

Regarding the car, obviously I will try and find our as much as I can. It was probably sold at one of the BCA auctions around the Uk. The other owner is probably Denis Patterson, a solicitor acting for the liquidator, who had them registard in NI with the SIJ numbers prior to auction.
We know the RHD conversion was done later and not by Wollers. It must have been a reasonable job, having lasted 25 years.

Dave Howarth knows the history of the car in detail and has supplied loads of spares over the last couple of years. I thought it had had the frame off and done, but dont know for sure yet. If it needs it, it will get it. At least this will be a useable car, not a precious museum piece.

Dave Howarth drove and enjoyed PSO more than he has his other, more important and valuable cars.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Chris

no problem no offence implied or taken. i said 'fight' in the best possible way...all is fair i know!.

when things pickup hopefully i will be back in Delorean ownership (but wifes kitchen first!)

if it has had the frame off it will be a good bargain, and anyway you would never loose any on a car like this as we know.

does that leave the MGJ car as one of the final RHD to obtain?, and i would guess still not for sale.
such a shame in the state it is in!

i am going to Phil Peters soon to see how he is getting on with spy 100

regards

steve
ex owner vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi Steve, no offence ment by me either, I was just pointing out, that sometmes you have to take a chance to get what may be a bargin. (It may also be a pile of poo!)

Not so easy to do though when things are tight, I do understand that.

I no longer lust after MGJ or (AXI 1699) to be honest i've gone off Auto's DeLoreans a bit. (too easy to have an accident) Last picture I saw of it it was in a VW garage in London, who had done some basic work on it and where I suspect it still is. The owner was not short of a bob or two, so I think money is no object.

I'm rearly looking forward to getting vin 522, as it has been heavily mucked about with already, i dont mind putting my stamp on it. Not exactly "blinging it up" but making it a bit more to my likeing......its not "listed" like most of the RHD's!

I'll keep you all imformed with progress. (If someone couuld PM me with the idiots step by step guide to putting phot's on here, i'll do that.)

Collect on Tuesday.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:to be honest i've gone off Auto's DeLoreans a bit. (too easy to have an accident)

Shock I'm not a fan of autos either but not 'cos I'm worried about crashing :?:
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
What I meant was Martin, i'm sure indeed I know, that it is almost impossable to get into bother with modern Auto's. Loads of fail safes and interconnencting bits, but the DeLorean Box is not that sufisticated and I have had a couple of nasty moments myself where I thought is was in park, but it proved not to be the case.

And only a few weeks ago, an "old boy" was manovering his Rover out of his drive near my place in Norfolk, no one knows for sure what happened, but they were loading the car up to go on holiday, when the next thing his old wife knew was, his car had gone accross the road and squased him between the car and the earth bank opposite Killed him. It is suspected that he somehow scraped his gate post and was some how faffing about.....but there you go.

I am not suggesting for one minute that this sort of thing is common, but as you get older and are a bit less careful........say no more.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian