• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiator fans finally quit...!
A metro part? Is that good?
DOC 100 Vin#3866 Ashington, West Sussex
Oh......

You mean from a metro!

Oh......

I feel slightly cheated....

Much easier and cheaper to get here in the UK...obvious statement I suppose...
Okay, lesson learnt...
DOC 100 Vin#3866 Ashington, West Sussex
Hi Mat - I'm back from a weekend away so no longer typing in millimetre high characters on my Blackberry!

The otterstat as used in the DeLorean was used on a whole heap of cars from Volvos and Renaults through to our beloved Leyland (!). The easiest cross-ref is still the Metro though.

Premier Supply on 01622 891777 will gladly drop one in the post to you. Ask for an Intermotor one, not Motaquip (subtle benign difference in the casing) VRF311 is the part #.

The Alpine GTA uses two of them in the engine may - one to turn the engine bay cooling fans on, another to turn a light on on the dash to tell you that your engine bay fans haven't come on.... gotta love them French geniuses! (geniae?) Ironically the rad fans are switched by a totally different sensor.

At least the DeLorean has seperate senders for oil pressure and engine temperature switches, lights and gauges, so if the switches stop working, the gauges still tell you the whole truth. Chrispy was dead right to keep an eagle eye on them!

With reference to buying it from Ed.... there's very little in the way of mechanical parts and service items that can't be sourced in the UK, though sometimes stuff's cheaper from the US.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
You can test them in a saucer of boiling water from the kettle using a volt-meter or bulb...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
i'd test them in a pan of boiling water on the stove- as soon as you pour the water into a saucer, it'll cool dramatically unless the saucer is already hot..

Mat - it COULD be that your temp gauge is suddenly reading high, but I've never seen that.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk