Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pirelli P600 Availibility
Happy new year all.

Thought I would share this, should it be old news then feel free to delete this topic.

Browsing the interwebs before Christmas I found that the Pirelli P600's were being offered at serveral places, blackcircles, vintagetyres and tyretraders to name but a few. I've been on the lookout for a set for around 3 months now and up until this point they couldn't be found.

The best price I found was at tyretraders.com so I picked up a set over Christmas - £250 delivered for the pair (with the now 20% VAT they are currently priced at £125.64 per tyre plus p+p). For anyone interested the DOT date on the batch at tyretraders is week 48 2010.

Thought I would post it up for those in need of a new set of rear rubber.

They also have the General Grabber on offer for £82.80 plus p+p for those who prefer a slightly cheaper option - I've heard some good feedback on these from a couple of members who have them fitted to their D's.

Cheers, Mike
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
General Grabbers are means as a road tyre for 4x4's. no idea what difference that makes!

Also a heads-up, the P6000 is being phased out in favour of the P6 Cinturato, which I now have on my Citroen. It's a very good tyre but the sidewall looks a lot different from the P6000, which we like because apart from the extra '0' looks identical to the P600. Currently the 195/60-14 P6000 is still available.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Yes they are, which is why I was holding out and trying to source the P600's. Smile

Already have the P6000's on order but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

How long do most folks get out of a set of rubber? I know it'll vary depending on driving style Tongue
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
If the toe-in on the rear is wrong, you won't get very far at all! I went through 2 sets of rears on Lex before adjusting the rear toe. Probably at least 30k on a set of Pirellis. I *think* Lex is still running the fronts I put on it when it first hit the road.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Flopsy has got loads of meat on the P6000's that were put on the front wheels
in 2006, but my rear tyres are getting low (but they didnt fail the MOT).

I might get one more year out of them - FWIW, I paid £88+VAT (trade) for my
rear tyres in 2006, so looks like they've shot up in price Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Looks like there are some budget tyres available in the correct size, the Kenda Klever KR15. I don't know how these compare to the grabbers, but it is at least another option. (only a few quid between these and the grabbers though...)

http://www.tyretraders.com/tyreInformat ... R1598HKR15
DOC 649
ex DOC 562