Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OD (off delorean) audio problem
Ok, so i gots me volo 240 today, nice little runner till i get me d, it was free so what the hay, anyway the radio was crapping out on me, so i goes off to halfords as you do, wait for ages and ages trying to flag down the 1 store member working on a saturday as they do, basicly i bought the system and a iso connector thingy so i can plug in the radio. i think it may be the wrong one tho. The connector i got was this:
[Image: 217.jpg]

but i plugged it in, powers up, finds the radio signals, no sound, hmm, so i think the connector is wrong, altho on some sites it says before 1990 everywhere else it says after 1990

Basicly its the 88 model i have and i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the right adaptor thingy.

Ive seen [Image: 213.jpg]
but that looks totally wrong to what i have, i have a connector that looks like the one in the top pic

anyways not sure if that made much sense but any help would be appreciated.

thanks
DOC 527
Vin #10264
yea it turns out the volvo has a seperate amp dim connector, and theres no kits on the market to do a quick conversion for modern audio systems, so basicly its gotta go for complex wiring i think, that or just get a new car as im not liking the volvo
DOC 527
Vin #10264
ah, that could be what i need, Thanks
DOC 527
Vin #10264
hi

for an older car, i would just chop the connector and solder on a new one.

normally have neg, pos, pos switched (ign), speakers.

spekers tend to be easy to identify as often 2 same colour, one with a trace line (black).

if in doubt disconnect battery, use a meter to check the ground.

use a 1.5 volt battery on the speaker terminals and wait for the clicking.
(or a signal injector if you have anything that fancy!)

if it has a seperate amp, you need to take the wiring beyond that as that will be looking for a millivolts line input.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370