Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You made a time machine out of a MR2 WHY?
Here we go again, take a look at this currently listed on ebay, think I may convert my Morris Minor to a time machine - Only kidding. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-TOYOTA-MR2-G ... mobiles_UK
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
"Ok so its not perfect but everyone instantly recognised it as a Delorean rather than an MR2 so it is close enough!"

WTF! the only thing "Close enough" or not as the case might be was how close they where standing :lol:
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
agreed Manxmann - the Scirrocco conversion(s) that have been kicking about (including one near where we live which is owned by a guy who works for a VW Camper firm) are more realistic then that POS.

I might go and stick some rear vents and a coffee grinder on the back of my Cavalier - hey, its silver, its close enough!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Ach! come one people, its a good laugh, insn't it.

You know what it's all about, don't you?....

It's the end of the holiday season, meaning all the Wacky Rally'ers have returned home. This car is obviously one of the lucky ones. It has been brought home again. Most get scrapped at the other end of the journey, to wherever that may have been.

I went with this crowd last year:

http://www.wackyrally.co.uk/

We did the Barmy to Barcelona run, in a 1996 Nissan Primera dressed up like Starsky and Hutch's Gran Torino. (there were 3 S+H cars, but our was the best! ha-ha!) The car cost us £247, before modifications i.e. red and white paint etc, and never let us down the whole way! even over the Swiss Alps! Great fun!

Our team was called 2 Slow NOT 2 Serious (get it? ha-ha!) We came 13th out of 60 - not bad in my opinion. And there are still pics up of all of us. You can even see some with me in them. One in particular, with me having VERY short hair, and holding on to a St Bernard puppy in my bright YELLOW Wacky Rally T-shirt! Take a look:

http://blogjuly09.wackyrally.co.uk/

There WAS a Scirocco there, dressed up like Doc's Timemachine, and it was awesome! I loved it. The guys who built it, were going to do the same as we did, they were going to take it to a scrappy in Barcelona, but two youngs lads loved it SO much, that they offered to take it off his hands and bring it back to Blighty. I think they sold it on Ebay shortly afterwards - probably parent pressure! ha-ha! Anyway, would be funny if that Scirocco was the same one mentioned in this thread....

You can see the pics of it on the above link too.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
lol, Phill's son did a banger rally the other year too in an old Frontera
that we'd taken in PX at work for £250. Thats still going strong, luckilly they took out Euro AA Cover, so when it failed to proceed in the middle of Germany, it got recovered back to Derbyshire £FOC 8)

I might post up a pic of my Cav on here, so that those so inclined can photoshop it into a BTTF car - one of Kezzy's stinky nappies to the winner Big Grin
Guinney1971 Wrote:one of Kezzy's stinky nappies to the winner Big Grin

If you put one of those in a vending machine in Toyko, a Japanese man is sure to pay a hefty sum for it. Get yourself some good pocket money. :lol:

(did i take that too far?! Shock )
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Rissy Wrote:
Guinney1971 Wrote:one of Kezzy's stinky nappies to the winner Big Grin

If you put one of those in a vending machine in Toyko, a Japanese man is sure to pay a hefty sum for it. Get yourself some good pocket money. :lol:

(did i take that too far?! Shock )

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

As Rich would say... "the line, the line, the line has been crossed again, its been frolicked over with gay abandon yet again" lol

Anyway, who's this geezer in Tokyo? Could do with a few quid right now, Kez is getting low on clean nappies lol.