Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Gear Magazine - September 2010
TopGear's Top 10 - Crappest Supercars

No. 2 DeLorean Cry

John C
Ahhh but at least we don't have to worry about any of the presenters buying a D' then, which would immediately make owning one uncool :wink: :lol: .

Regards
Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
...out of interest, what did we get beaten to the punch by? Who's car was number 1.?

We need a new bumper sticker i think.

"No.2 as nominated in BBC Top Gear's crappest cars. No.2 aint bad, but we're all still striving for that No.1 spot!"

:lol:

I think really, the only people i've EVER heard saying that the D' was crap, is car journalists and loud mouths out and about with no proper opinion of their own, so just regurgitate the opinions of those aforementioned journalists.
EVERYONE else, i've EVER met or talked to about the D' either is really curious, and want to know more, or they already LOVE it, either for its looks (which no-one can deny) or its just pure difference from EVERYTHING else out there.
It's a people's car, and that's why it lives in the hearts of many.
People look past the imperfections, and appreciate seeing one out and about as intended.
It's a car which ALWAYS brings a smile, OR an aghast shocked expressioned look upon faces all over.
We know it, they know it.
Let the journalist say whatever they want. They're just writing something, anything, about the car, cause they know people want to see pics of it, and read about it, regardless of the content.
It sells.

The people have spoken.

8)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
well said Rissy - and anway, the De shouldnt be in that list, it was never built as a supercar, but a grand tourer come sports coupe.

It wont stop me driving mine! 8)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie